To remove the body lift, or not.

Jellymon

Just bought my 08JKU which has 1 3/4" of suspension lift, a 1 1/4" body lift, and wearing 35x12.5 tires. I'm wanting to swap the teraflex lift for a 3" evo enforcer, and remove the body lift. The problem I'm having is finding the proper factory body mount bolts to replace the teraflex body lift. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find any.
So now I'm thinking about just leaving the body lift on, but am worried about that much height looking funny with the 35" tires and can't seem to find pics to see what that combo would look like. I'm not wanting to go bigger than 35" tires. I guess I'm just looking for others thoughts. Here are some pics showing where it stands now. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 129
  • 20171112_103923.jpg
    20171112_103923.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 136
J

JKDream

I'm sure the dealer can get you them, or you could just ask for the size and thread pitch and go buy grade 8 replacements.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet you could just use the bolts you have on there now.

Jellymon

I could be wrong but I'd be willing to bet you could just use the bolts you have on there now.

That would be great. I think the teraflex body lift bolts are longer and the threads don't go all the way down. I wonder if I would run out of threads and not be able to tighten it down?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That would be great. I think the teraflex body lift bolts are longer and the threads don't go all the way down. I wonder if I would run out of threads and not be able to tighten it down?

I would pull one and measure it. I'd be willing to bet there are enough threads to make it work. The factory bolts just weren't long enough.

Jellymon

Go to Lowe's get some grade 8 bolts. I think your rig looks nice myself.

I like how it looks as well. I'm just wanting to get the belly up a little and get a little more flex. I'm getting tires lifting up on fairly easy trails. Plus the ride is a little harsh with the teraflex coils, I'd like to upgrade. This is my daily driver as well by the way. Maybe a 2.5" lift would be a better option..... Been watching too many of Eddies videos. Lol

I would pull one and measure it. I'd be willing to bet there are enough threads to make it work. The factory bolts just weren't long enough.

Looking at it most of the bolts for the body lift I should be able to reuse. I would just need new nuts for the front mounts and possibly two new bolts for the back. If I remove the body lift I'll take a look at lowes for those. Thanks.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I could see any of the feedback here working, however if Teraflex is the one that supplied the bolts with the body lift, I would get that shit FAR FAR away from your Jeep and replace the bolts with anything else.

Jellymon

I could see any of the feedback here working, however if Teraflex is the one that supplied the bolts with the body lift, I would get that shit FAR FAR away from your Jeep and replace the bolts with anything else.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I'd remove the body lift and run the EVO level kit. I'm running the enforcer 3" on 37's. 35's looked silly with it and cut fenders.

jeeeep

Hooked
Just bought my 08JKU which has 1 3/4" of suspension lift, a 1 1/4" body lift, and wearing 35x12.5 tires. I'm wanting to swap the teraflex lift for a 3" evo enforcer, and remove the body lift. The problem I'm having is finding the proper factory body mount bolts to replace the teraflex body lift. I've searched quite a bit and can't seem to find any.
So now I'm thinking about just leaving the body lift on, but am worried about that much height looking funny with the 35" tires and can't seem to find pics to see what that combo would look like. I'm not wanting to go bigger than 35" tires. I guess I'm just looking for others thoughts. Here are some pics showing where it stands now. Thanks!

this is the part number for the body mount bolts:

Mopar Part #: 6508326AA

stock body mounts have different part #'s depending on where it is.

Top Bottom