Painless Trailrocker Question

themeeks

Hey guys, I just bought the Painless Trail Rocker 57002 for my 09 JK X 2-door.

My issue is that the instructions (and everything else) shows the install on a battery that's perpendicular to the windshield, but on my JK, the battery is parallel. My question is that if I mount the Trail Rocker OVER the negative terminal, will it cause any problems?

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to run the wires through the firewall, that would be greatly appreciated, as the hole on my JK is completely covered.

WJCO

Meme King
Post a picture if you can. Just make sure the hot wire won't get cut or pinched or cut. As far as wiring, I say run it along the cowling over to the driver's side. Outboard of the brake booster is a spot you can feed wires through (see pic below). I tried on the passenger side but it was a major pain in the ass.

1212171256.jpg

Other members here have routed it down and brought it up through the passenger front floor pan through a drain plug.

Last edited:

trailraider

Hey guys, I just bought the Painless Trail Rocker 57002 for my 09 JK X 2-door.

My issue is that the instructions (and everything else) shows the install on a battery that's perpendicular to the windshield, but on my JK, the battery is parallel. My question is that if I mount the Trail Rocker OVER the negative terminal, will it cause any problems?

Also, if anyone has any advice on how to run the wires through the firewall, that would be greatly appreciated, as the hole on my JK is completely covered.

pic would be good. mine runs perpendicular to windsheild. are you auto or manual ? mine is manual and ran the wires through the washer hose hole and down through the fender on drivers side.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Automatic you run he wires through the grommet where the clutch would be on a manual.

Mine is a manual and I ran the wires here
IMG_4607.jpg
IMG_4608.jpg

There is a grommet just above he brake master cylinder to the right. Pull it and trim it and then run the wires through there. It’s a pain in the ass to fish the wires out but they come out to the left of the dash above the clutch.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
I have an automatic and ran my wires thru the driver side grommet.

I have a RockHard sport cage so had to remove the plug to get it past the cage - would've been easier to remove that side of the cage.

I don't have a pic of it passing thru the firewall but can get one tomorrow.

I have mine mounted over the posts and it's been fine. I check every now and them when I'm under the hood and haven't had it move any.

just make sure it's bolted in so it doesn't move.

wiring_1s.jpg

wiring_2s.jpg

Warebear

I have a manual, but I ran mine through the grommet also. I had to depin the connector to get the wires through, and then repin it on the other side.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mauijim

I have a manual and I drilled my own hole and used the grommet that they included. Since I couldn’t use the hole where the clutch is I just went about 6-8” to the left and it worked great and was much easier to grab the wiring and was out of the way of the brake pedal.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

themeeks

Thank you all for your help! It's good to know I can mount the box over the post and not have to worry as long as its all locked down. I may get a rubber terminal cover just to be safe.

Here is a picture of my crooked battery: battery.jpg

And here is where I plan on running the wires once I feel like I need some self loathing in my life: wire hole.jpg

mauijim

Go inside the cab and measure over from the clutch to a spot that’s open and easy to get to and then go back to the engine compartment and measure over and drill a hole that your grommet fits snug and drill a hole. I drilled into a flat piece of tin I had lying around to get the perfect size then drilled it out and it was super easy and was very assessable from inside.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom