NICE to No Longer Have an EVAP Canister to Hit!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In stark contrast to JL Wranglers that come equipped with a 2.0L Hurricane Turbo engine and it's big 48-Volt Lithium Ion Battery hanging under the belly to make it a "Mild Hybrid" vehicle, it's nice to see that the 3.6L Pentastar no longer has an EVAP canister mounted next to the rear drive shaft. Instead of a open target that needed to get relocated or armored up, we now have a nice open space :yup:

20171130002141-0055210d.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's nice to have one less thing to worry about hitting. Also I like that the exhaust is coated black.

If I could guess, the black coating was for show purposes only. More than likely, production JL's will not have it.

JAGS

Hooked
Maybe already addressed, but where is it?

Also, do you know if the driveshafts themselves are different on the JL vs the JK?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe already addressed, but where is it?

Also, do you know if the driveshafts themselves are different on the JL vs the JK?

Honestly, I'm not sure but hope to find out soon.

The drive shafts are the same rzeppa type like what the JK had but the lengths might be different and the flange bolts appeared to be bigger.

JAGS

Hooked
Honestly, I'm not sure but hope to find out soon.

The drive shafts are the same rzeppa type like what the JK had but the lengths might be different and the flange bolts appeared to be bigger.

I was afraid you'd say that bout the DS. Was hoping my JK spares would cross over.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was afraid you'd say that bout the DS. Was hoping my JK spares would cross over.

LOL!! Well, they are the same "type" of shaft and look very similar. Who knows, maybe what you have can be made to work :crazyeyes:

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! Well, they are the same "type" of shaft and look very similar. Who knows, maybe what you have can be made to work :crazyeyes:

Not high on the list. Will worry about it when I need to. I'm still just waiting for the build/price option to roll out. [emoji35]

Top Bottom