AEV GEO correct f c a bracket

Tackerdown

Banned
Curious. I was reading about the geometry correction front control arm bracket from AEV . I've never seen anyone on here comment on them so I'm thinking this may not really be something worth getting. Does anyone have any thoughts on this .
Are they a good idea
Will you just loose clearance
Just stick with adjustable control arms.
They don't specify if they are for stock or lifted and or lift height.
Just curious thanks .

Sent from my PC36100 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Tackerdown

Banned
Ahh I haven't seen something like this for any other lift which made me Leary .

rtguy1

i ran them for a while with my aev lift. i will put it this way. they do work, however they are not for everyone. they do what they are supposed to do and fix caster issues after lifting and smooth the ride out a bit. however this is at the expense of ground clearance as they do hang down a bit. they are not made for massive flex and can bend. the new ones are boxed in to help prevent this but im sure with enogh flex they will tweak also. they have three holes in them that you can use. one hole for 2.5" of lift, one for 3.5" of lift, and the third for 4.5" of lift. If you dont really wheel (mall crawler) then i would suggest these for you since they are a cheap and easy alternative to adj arms. if u plan on hitting the rocks and doing some flexing, spend the extra cash and get some evo front lower arms. they can be adjusted on the vehicle which makes it easier for the home garage guys imo. hope this helps. fyi. i am no longer running this setup

Tackerdown

Banned
Thanks that helps I wasn't going to get them but more curious, it seemed like a cheap way out. My plan is the EVO enforcer 3" with 2.0 king. at this point. Buy the time I'm ready to do this my thoughts may change, once I get more dirt under my tires.still a noob.

FoxC

i ran them for a while with my aev lift. i will put it this way. they do work, however they are not for everyone. they do what they are supposed to do and fix caster issues after lifting and smooth the ride out a bit. however this is at the expense of ground clearance as they do hang down a bit. they are not made for massive flex and can bend. the new ones are boxed in to help prevent this but im sure with enogh flex they will tweak also. they have three holes in them that you can use. one hole for 2.5" of lift, one for 3.5" of lift, and the third for 4.5" of lift. If you dont really wheel (mall crawler) then i would suggest these for you since they are a cheap and easy alternative to adj arms. if u plan on hitting the rocks and doing some flexing, spend the extra cash and get some evo front lower arms. they can be adjusted on the vehicle which makes it easier for the home garage guys imo. hope this helps. fyi. i am no longer running this setup
x2...as said above. I had problems with my drop brackets everytime the front end flexed out. Get adjustable lca's and be done with it. The evo arms are fantastic.

CerOf

I've got 'em on order. I had to get real with myself and realize 98% of my time is unfortunately on pavement. The other 2% is in the Ouray area. Over landing is what we end up doing. Pulling a trailer with gear, five people, and two dogs. If I lived in UT, CA, or CO full time or some where OTHER than TX, I'd probably gone a different direction. I'd love to look hardcore, but am not, except for 10 days when driving 1,800 miles round trip and spending 2 days on the trails around Ouray which are not that difficult. (33" and one locker gets you most anywhere)

Tackerdown

Banned
I've got 'em on order. I had to get real with myself and realize 98% of my time is unfortunately on pavement. The other 2% is in the Ouray area. Over landing is what we end up doing. Pulling a trailer with gear, five people, and two dogs. If I lived in UT, CA, or CO full time or some where OTHER than TX, I'd probably gone a different direction. I'd love to look hardcore, but am not, except for 10 days when driving 1,800 miles round trip and spending 2 days on the trails around Ouray which are not that difficult. (33" and one locker gets you most anywhere)

I think that's the most important thing to remember what do you really need. Want will always come when you get to it.

Tackerdown

Banned
This is so true. I tend to catch myself going overboard

It's really hard not to ,being on this sight. I see these rigs everyone has and think Damn I want to look just like that , witch someday I'll be closer but I don't need something that exyreme that I know of. Want well that's different.

Donny

Thanks that helps I wasn't going to get them but more curious, it seemed like a cheap way out. My plan is the EVO enforcer 3" with 2.0 king. at this point. Buy the time I'm ready to do this my thoughts may change, once I get more dirt under my tires.still a noob.

I will be starting my build in April...Why have you chose to run the 3' coils instead of the 4"??? I only ask because I feel the same way but I truly don't know enough to make a good guess... will a 4" coil compress to 3" or 3 1/2" of lift and will a 3" compress to a 2 1/2" lift height??

I will be running EVO front bumper and sliders with the Genright carrier on back. Will the 3" Enforcer with 2.0's stay 3" or sag lower?

Donny

Tackerdown

Banned
I will be starting my build in April...Why have you chose to run the 3' coils instead of the 4"??? I only ask because I feel the same way but I truly don't know enough to make a good guess... will a 4" coil compress to 3" or 3 1/2" of lift and will a 3" compress to a 2 1/2" lift height??

I will be running EVO front bumper and sliders with the Genright carrier on back. Will the 3" Enforcer with 2.0's stay 3" or sag lower?

Donny

Well let me start with I'm a noob at this. But first thing is my wife is short and its here DD. second I ( at this time ) only plan on 35's and dont really need any thing bigger. I plan on the 2.0 kings because I won't be doing any high speed runs that i know of (again I'm new) and trying to build to the reality I think I will be off roading in. From what i read the 2.0 will suffice and not be an overkill. As for the compressing of the springs I believe from what I read you usually sit at the rated hight or a little more but that may depend on the lift bought, I can't give you an honest answer there. My thoughts on my build are specific to what I think I'll need and thats the best way to figure out your build. One thing I have learned here is to try to build your jeep so you can add to it without throwing everything you bought out the door or having to sell it. To be honest with you I've changed my mind a few time since i started but this EVO enforcer with the plush springs seems like the way to go for me and if you look at there different kits they are all inner twined so it seems easy to upgrade. that may so for other system to but when I hear good thing about a system and less bad I'll usually wait till I can afford the slightly more expensive stuff. I guess I should say when the time comes and I think there is a chance that I'll go to 37's I will get the 3.5" instead of a 3".
Hope this helped.

Last edited:

ZuidJK

Curious. I was reading about the geometry correction front control arm bracket from AEV . I've never seen anyone on here comment on them so I'm thinking this may not really be something worth getting. Does anyone have any thoughts on this .
Are they a good idea
Will you just loose clearance
Just stick with adjustable control arms.
They don't specify if they are for stock or lifted and or lift height.
Just curious thanks .

probably already have an answer but, i am running the drop brackets right now (AEV 3.5 RS) and if i had to do my lift over again i would have gone with another lift with adjustable control arms..they do what they should and improve caster but now that i am wheeling my jeep more i am wanting more articulation..they do not flex well at all and im a bit scared of bending the actual brackets..they also lower your clearance at a pretty bad spot to that i have got stuck on the odd time..but if your jeep is going to stay on the pavement then yaa it handles quite well on the road

Tackerdown

Banned
I posted this up more for information and out of curiosity. I thought it would be good if someone was thinking to go this rout to have some info on it.

Top Bottom