CEL and Traction control light

jmayps

Have been having an issue for a while that first started while acceleration up a mountain in Asheville, NC. The Jeep CEL came on immediately followed by the traction control light. The Jeep shuddered and rpms/power dropped. I ended up having to use the tap shift to make it up the rest of the mountain. So far I’ve ran the codes (P0369, P2638, and C121C).

I had a buddy from my local jeep club (who is a mechanic at a dealership) look at it and we replaced the cam shaft position sensor. That day on the way home the code came back with the same symptoms.

Anybody have a fix for this? The problem is driving me nuts and I have a trip coming up for the holidays. Thanks in advance for any help!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Have been having an issue for a while that first started while acceleration up a mountain in Asheville, NC. The Jeep CEL came on immediately followed by the traction control light. The Jeep shuddered and rpms/power dropped. I ended up having to use the tap shift to make it up the rest of the mountain. So far I’ve ran the codes (P0369, P2638, and C121C).

I had a buddy from my local jeep club (who is a mechanic at a dealership) look at it and we replaced the cam shaft position sensor. That day on the way home the code came back with the same symptoms.

Anybody have a fix for this? The problem is driving me nuts and I have a trip coming up for the holidays. Thanks in advance for any help!

assuming you did the cam/crank relearn procedure? I believe it's disconnecting both neg and pos cables from the battery letting the capacitors discharge completely.

your steering wheel is centered and you have the same number of rotations from center to full driver and center to full passenger?

Check all your ABS plugs/wiring, make sure none are broken, wires loose or wires chaffed grounding out.

Last edited:

jsukey

What Jeeeep said! You would be amazed at how the JK will act if the steering wheel is just a few degrees off from center. Hope you get it figured out soon!

jmayps

Thanks guys, steering wheel is centered, but I’ll check wiring and try the cam/crank relearn. So I should completely disconnect the battery?

Top Bottom