Tie rod and drag link play

JKrob15

Need some help if anyone has some time to spare. Can you post a video showing the amount of play you get from the tie rod and drag link? A quick Google search has me stumped as some say it's normal to have some play and others say you shouldn't have any.

*Trying to upload my video now*

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using WAYALIFE mobile app

toshigav

What if both of the bars can be turned.
meaning if you grab by hand you can "roll" the bars forward and or back.
no movement up or down at the joints nor is there any side to side play just the "roll" effect
thanks in advance.

never mind.
re read Eddie's post.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What if both of the bars can be turned.
meaning if you grab by hand you can "roll" the bars forward and or back.
no movement up or down at the joints nor is there any side to side play just the "roll" effect
thanks in advance.

never mind.
re read Eddie's post.

LOL!! Glad you saw what I said.

JKrob15

Ok good to know. Thanks for the info! I seem to only have rotational movement, just concerning with how loud it is when it is rotating.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok good to know. Thanks for the info! I seem to only have rotational movement, just concerning with how loud it is when it is rotating.

Depending on how your steering stabilizer is mounted on it, there can be a lot of movement or next to none. I would double check it to make sure it's positioned in line with it and not angled into it.

Mine are mounted with the bolt through the bracket and nut at the top and they mount to the center of the axle as long as their is rotational movement you should be good as for the sound, mine doesn't make any so make sure their is no loose brackets or bolts.

21557458_10203265576157318_7692142656539769047_n.jpg

Top Bottom