Skid plates and gears

Napalm90

I have a new 2013 rubicon and was wondering what skid plates are a must and what companies should I look at? Also I plan on running 37" tires, should I upgrade the gears when I get them or is leaving the 4.10 in for awhile ok?

TrailBear

You can run both for awhile, skids will be fine, there are guys running 37's with the stock gearing and saying with the 3.6 it's not to bad.

If you don't push the limits how do you find them??

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have a new 2013 rubicon and was wondering what skid plates are a must and what companies should I look at? Also I plan on running 37" tires, should I upgrade the gears when I get them or is leaving the 4.10 in for awhile ok?

I found my 4.10 gears fine with my 37s for a while. I recently changed to 5.13, but most likely would not have had I not lived at elevation and had a 1000+ foot elevation change going home every day.

As for armor the factory skids are pretty good. I added the EVO protek system as one of my first mods.

jeffj

Caught the Bug
I agree with mtg one of my first mods was the protec skid system. I think that this is a must on 12and 2013. The oil pan and transmission are exposed. I never really ran the stock gears because mine came with3.73 and I put 4.88's on it with 200 miles on it. I live in the mountains and they work really nice.

Napalm90

Thanks for all the help, Im gonna order the protec system. Its bolt on right? And also I'm gonna keep the stock rubi wheels with 37" nitto trails, I'm gonna need spacers right?

jeffj

Caught the Bug
Napalm90 said:
Thanks for all the help, Im gonna order the protec system. Its bolt on right? And also I'm gonna keep the stock rubi wheels with 37" nitto trails, I'm gonna need spacers right?

Yes it is a bolt on and is a straight forward install. Yes you will need spacers.

Top Bottom