steering controls not working

lrgbas

I have a 2013 JKU Rubi, just notice the control buttons on my steering wheel back lights were going on and off and the functions were not working, Is this a clock spring issue ?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I can't say for sure being that I haven't had a chance to take apart a 2011-up steering wheel but I don't think they're tied into the clock spring.

lrgbas

I can't say for sure being that I haven't had a chance to take apart a 2011-up steering wheel but I don't think they're tied into the clock spring.

what would cause that to happen, loose wire or bad ground ? i don't know where to start looking to fix

WJCO

Meme King
Check for loose fuses first. Then check any aftermarket wiring tied into anywhere around the column. After that, you'll just have to check for loose connectors, etc. Did anyone work in that area recently?

Slimebones

Check for loose fuses first. Then check any aftermarket wiring tied into anywhere around the column. After that, you'll just have to check for loose connectors, etc. Did anyone work in that area recently?

^^X2. As a factory certified technician in a former life, I can honestly say that when a customer had a concern, more often than not it was caused by the work just previously performed. Start there and save yourself some grief. Not necessarily the case here, just sayin.

It could be your cruse control button as that provides power to the rest of the steering wheel controls as well as it could be the clock spring ribbon cable.

lrgbas

It could be your cruse control button as that provides power to the rest of the steering wheel controls as well as it could be the clock spring ribbon cable.

no work has been done in that area, i'll check fuses and connectors, what's weird is when it goes off, it will come back on when I'm turning either way, like the harness is binding. thanks all

Top Bottom