Rancho 9000

14JK-U

Just got my regear lift truetracs and 35s buttoned up yesterday, I got my shocks installed and loving the jeep more than ever. Confused on the shock settings, 1-3 says it's similar to stock, 4-6 says similar to the 5000 series, and 7-9 will never be used for the firmness. What's this boil down to? Is the 4-6 the softest setting? I'm guessing that's the best option for trails and somewhere like 3-4 for long commutes on paved roads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Just got my regear lift truetracs and 35s buttoned up yesterday, I got my shocks installed and loving the jeep more than ever. Confused on the shock settings, 1-3 says it's similar to stock, 4-6 says similar to the 5000 series, and 7-9 will never be used for the firmness. What's this boil down to? Is the 4-6 the softest setting? I'm guessing that's the best option for trails and somewhere like 3-4 for long commutes on paved roads?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app
The lower the number the softer the setting. Ride is subjective so you'll have to play with it until you find a combo you like. Personally, I run 7 in the rear and 5 in the front on highway. Offroad I run 2 in the front and 5 or 6 in the rear depending on what I'm carrying.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

mauijim

The lower the number the softer the setting. Ride is subjective so you'll have to play with it until you find a combo you like. Personally, I run 7 in the rear and 5 in the front on highway. Offroad I run 2 in the front and 5 or 6 in the rear depending on what I'm carrying.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

I’m looking for new shocks and wondering how well you like the 9000’s

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
--

I run the 9000's as well, agree with this^^^^^ really depends on how much you're carrying. I run higher in the front due to the bumper and winch .

Go thru all the adjustments and find what suits you and your Jeep. :thumb:

I'm not who you directed your question to, but I like the 9000's

when I've got the Jeep fully loaded down I'll keep the rears set around 8 even on the trail. they'll absorb the trail without letting my stock fenders rub much - 37's , 3.5"lift stock fenders all around.

before the 9000's the rear of the Jeep would squat on the trail pretty much on every obstacle and drop off until the rear fender was just hanging by a couple of clips.

only thing I don't like is the rear adjusters are prone to breaking off, you can buy replacements but Rancho is really good about replacing them if you contact them on their website.

Lots of guys turn the shock so the adjuster is to the inside of the mount - I find it more a PIA to adjust but it is better than breaking them off.

black pearl

Hooked
I can't remember what I ended up settings my fronts at. But I love being able to adjust the rear with different load levels. I turn them up a little when loaded for camping, turn them down when empty. I even just pulled a 3800lb trailer with the jeep, cranked the shocks all the way up. Kept the back from overly bouncing.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

I run the 9000's as well, agree with this^^^^^ really depends on how much you're carrying. I run higher in the front due to the bumper and winch .

Go thru all the adjustments and find what suits you and your Jeep. :thumb:

I'm not who you directed your question to, but I like the 9000's

when I've got the Jeep fully loaded down I'll keep the rears set around 8 even on the trail. they'll absorb the trail without letting my stock fenders rub much - 37's , 3.5"lift stock fenders all around.

before the 9000's the rear of the Jeep would squat on the trail pretty much on every obstacle and drop off until the rear fender was just hanging by a couple of clips.

only thing I don't like is the rear adjusters are prone to breaking off, you can buy replacements but Rancho is really good about replacing them if you contact them on their website.

Lots of guys turn the shock so the adjuster is to the inside of the mount - I find it more a PIA to adjust but it is better than breaking them off.
I like them enough to say that when they need to be replaced I'll buy another set.

I agree with jeeeep in all points made... The adjustability is awesome and easy to do. I did flip the rear shocks 180° to protect the adjuster knobs and it is a little harder to do, but not hard enough to justify not protecting them.

--

Top Bottom