Overpriced Mods

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I understand there is a lot R&D that goes into a product, but why are certain things so overpriced? I dont want to bust company names out. I was looking through a magazine and saw a new JK top. Its an automatic top and its very cool, but its not $6000 cool. In my mind that makes absolutely no sense to sell a product out of reach of a general consumer. If you build a good quality product and sell it at a reasonable price you will sell more of it. For example EVO sells a 4" bolt on Long Arm kit for under $4k. Its a great product, by an extremely well known company. Yea, $4k is a lot of money, but in my eyes you are getting more than what you are paying for. I chose to go Rock Krawler because I didnt need a wild kit like the EVO. I just feel some companies should just consider the consumer and find that happy medium. $6000 for a top is rediculous. I will go ahead and take my business to Bestop and spend $1100 and take the top down myself.. Ok ok, let me hop off this soap box.

Paratroopers stay up longer!

To stay on the same "not mention any names" theme, I would like to say that I like buying things ONCE! So if that means that I pay a bit more up front, so be it...

sent from my Razr-M while driving my JK-U.......

JAGS

Hooked
It's just companies capitalizing on opportunity. Some are expensive because steel/metal cost are high. But I'm sure profit margins are pretty decent for great products. Kind of like real estate. Your house is worth what the market values it at. Your 6k top aside, I think that is part of the reasoning. Better quality mean higher price.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Though I can agree with what you guys have said. Quality does not have to always destroy the bank. I can name numerous companies that offer a great quality product and its still very affordable. I suppose its a case of popularity as well, kinda like Nike over Adidas..

JAGS

Hooked
Thats true too. There are always exceptions and obviously depending on specific product.

All I know is there are certain items I'd be willing to go less on. If its remotely functional or potential safety, I'm paying more to get known better quality. There are a lot of opinions out there so it's about doing a ton of unbiased research.

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I fully agree JAGS. I too will pay a bit more for certain items. But there are others, like you said, I will search and search before I pull the trigger.

I For example EVO sells a 4" bolt on Long Arm kit for under $4k. Its a great product, by an extremely well known company. Yea, $4k is a lot of money, but in my eyes you are getting more than what you are paying for. I chose to go Rock Krawler because I didnt need a wild kit like the EVO.

Well thanks for including EVO MFG products in your Rant I would like to Clarify our pricing Is right in there with any USA made products with Quality components

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361664074.254272.jpg
The Evo pricing is right in with the lift kit you mention when you figure in the EVO KIT hasTWO EXTRA Control Arm and Uses Proven Johnny Joints!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361664210.696318.jpg
we do sell the RK kits also if you are interested in that set up design

And also have a great inexpensive system that performs Awesome
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361664395.946882.jpg

As for ("a wild kit like EVO")? .
If you are referring to how well it has been tested, Designed, and Proven in all kinds of terrains around the world. That is kind of Wild and I will take that as a compliment

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Lol, thats what I was referring to. I just needed a kit that would allow me to enjoy my Jeep on a mild trail and trips through the desert. When I say wild Im referring to the flex you get with the long arm, I have no use for that.... Yet!

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Lol, thats what I was referring to. I just needed a kit that would allow me to enjoy my Jeep on a mild trail and trips through the desert. When I say wild Im referring to the flex you get with the long arm, I have no use for that.... Yet!

:idontknow:
Most kits from other manufactures in the Long Arm game are in the same price range as screen shot above for the EVO and RK kits. Stay short arm if you want to save money and again comparable short arm kits are all in the same price range.

Lol Cool
Thanks for the Compliment

JAGS

Hooked

Key word....yet. 😉Once you go mild, the next logical step is wild! I'd consider something hybrid-like. Affordable but will allow for all types of terrain.

This is what I've been considering. Something like the EVO enforcer kit with EVO spec king 2.5 shocks. Obviously not long arms or coilovers, but still a great set up. I had a chance to ride in a rig with it at KoH.

silverbackjk

Key word....yet. dde09Once you go mild, the next logical step is wild! I'd consider something hybrid-like. Affordable but will allow for all types of terrain.

This is what I've been considering. Something like the EVO enforcer kit with EVO spec king 2.5 shocks. Obviously not long arms or coilovers, but still a great set up. I had a chance to ride in a rig with it at KoH.

How did the enforcer kit ride?

JAGS

Hooked
How did the enforcer kit ride?

Well it's all subjective. I thought it was pretty bad ass. Rig was on 37 nitto trails and 4 inch lift. Hitting decent whoops at 60-65 and I was in the back seat with two others up front. 😁

Most will say coilovers are still better but also another grand and a half more, or so. And you can even go beyond that.

But we were discussing affordable quality, by way of modest build budgets.

For the price and ride, I'd seriously consider Enforcer. It was MTGs rig an he's done JKX with it.

For the $ and with the 2.5 spec Kings, the ENFORCER kit ride awesome both on and off road. This set up is also upgradable to the DoubleD long arm system as well so when your YET turns to NOW you don't have to scrap the whole thing....

sent from my Razr-M while driving my JK-U.......

Prime8

Well thanks for including EVO MFG products in your Rant I would like to Clarify our pricing Is right in there with any USA made products with Quality components

View attachment 16839
The Evo pricing is right in with the lift kit you mention when you figure in the EVO KIT hasTWO EXTRA Control Arm and Uses Proven Johnny Joints!

View attachment 16840
we do sell the RK kits also if you are interested in that set up design

And also have a great inexpensive system that performs Awesome
View attachment 16841

As for ("a wild kit like EVO")? .
If you are referring to how well it has been tested, Designed, and Proven in all kinds of terrains around the world. That is kind of Wild and I will take that as a compliment

I've got your "wild" Double D setup and I love it! It's winter here, so I'm waiting for the thaw to take it to the Badlands ORP, but I'm getting antsy!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1361667527.291595.jpg

silverbackjk

Well it's all subjective. I thought it was pretty bad ass. Rig was on 37 nitto trails and 4 inch lift. Hitting decent whoops at 60-65 and I was in the back seat with two others up front. dde01

Most will say coilovers are still better but also another grand and a half more, or so. And you can even go beyond that.

But we were discussing affordable quality, by way of modest build budgets.

For the price and ride, I'd seriously consider Enforcer. It was MTGs rig an he's done JKX with it.

Yea I was thinking about getting a 2 door after the summer and getting this kit with 35s

rubicrawl

That's what I want to get also the dtd long arm with the Evo lever but I want to do it in steps not all at once sounds expensive anybody know how much out the door and is Evo open on Saturdays it's hard for me to make it down there during the week I want to get the Evo rock sliders and the front bumper with the stinger just like the one Eddie has on his dozer jeep

That's what I want to get also the dtd long arm with the Evo lever but I want to do it in steps not all at once sounds expensive anybody know how much out the door and is Evo open on Saturdays it's hard for me to make it down there during the week I want to get the Evo rock sliders and the front bumper with the stinger just like the one Eddie has on his dozer jeep

Saturdays by appointment only give us a call

Top Bottom