JK Radiator replacement

Sahara_Maverick

My 07 JKU's radiator is showing signs that it wants to "retire".

My Jeep has the auto tranny and I installed the aux. cooler, which works great. Can ride the trails all day and never overheat.

However, newer Jeeps (unless I'm mistaken) have a better radiator that also has an improved tranny cooler.

Is it worth changing everything (old original + extra tranny cooler) for one of the newer radiators? Or any aftermarket better radiator to consider?

Do new radiators still use the original fans or need to also change it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

I contemplated hard on this and a was really looking at mishimoto. Than I read of fit issues and decided to go back OE. Honestly, it runs fine with the OE setup. Took me a bit to realize these motors run a bit hotter than Im used to but it works.

aka cavfighter

jeeeep

Hooked
nothing fits like OEM.

Griffin makes an OEM exact fit for the 2007, I ran Griffin in older GC's I had

I'd stay away from Moshimoto -they've got excellent marketing but IMO their quality isn't up to the marketing hype.

Of the 5 people I know that have them, they all had to return the unit at least once. Apparently their customer service is great but having to do that type of job more than once sucks.

You could also take it to a local radiator shop and have them dip it and see if it's worth fixing, I've done that in the past and it's worked out great.

mastrcruse

I'd stick with OEM or Griffin's replacement. Run away from the mishimoto's. I had not problems running them in my spec car but they seem to leak like a mother in Jeeps. I had one and sold it after reading horror stories of people on their 3rd or 4th mishimoto.

SoupierPuppy

I would recommend sticking with the year that your jeep is. Ive been lead to believe that they are the same radiator but it never hurts to err on the side of caution. As far as recommendations go, I recently purchased and installed a PSC OE fit radiator for my 2014 for dirt cheap on Amazon and it fit perfectly. It is a steel (Copper/brass) replacement as opposed to an aluminum block so it shouletter at the cost of being slightly heavier. Its been working great for me so far even off road. Take that with a grain of salt as Ive currently only had it for a month. All of my friends love mishimoto gear for their Subarus so I wouldnt hesitate to trust a mishimoto product and I know they make an OE fit for the Wrangler JK just in case you want something with a branded name for support after install.

Top Bottom