Replacement wheelstuds

jpone

Any advice on replacing factory wheelstuds on stock Dana 44?

Have stripped or flattened off the threads. Remedied by rethreading them up until now, but was curious if it's worthwhile to replace with new ones that are harder material, and if so, best resource for the replacements.

The concern is if I have to replace a flat and the lug wont thread back on while on the trail.

I am thinking this is a different question than the generic "JK bolt upgrade" question, which I know has been answered here more than once.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Any advice on replacing factory wheelstuds on stock Dana 44?

Have stripped or flattened off the threads. Remedied by rethreading them up until now, but was curious if it's worthwhile to replace with new ones that are harder material, and if so, best resource for the replacements.

The concern is if I have to replace a flat and the lug wont thread back on while on the trail.

I am thinking this is a different question than the generic "JK bolt upgrade" question, which I know has been answered here more than once.

Front or rear? How many miles on the Jeep. Are you running aftermarket wheels, or wheel spacers?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Factory studs should be just fine. If a re-thread is done properly, it should work over and over again. Now cross-threading is a different story.

jpone

Factory studs should be just fine. If a re-thread is done properly, it should work over and over again. Now cross-threading is a different story.

Have avoided cross-threading. Just had to rethread a couple of times. My concern is if it happens out on the trail, but I guess I can throw a threader in the tool bag . . .

WJCO

Meme King
Have avoided cross-threading. Just had to rethread a couple of times. My concern is if it happens out on the trail, but I guess I can throw a threader in the tool bag . . .

If you have repaired it already, you should have no issues getting a good nut on there whether you are on the trail or at home, etc. Just make sure you carefully start the nut by hand and all should be good for a long time.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Just replace with factory. They sell them at Napa for like $2 a piece.

If something happens on the trails just jam the lug nuts on there anyway possible. A cross thread is a tight thread and will work in a pinch to get you off the trail and home. I’ve done that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom