Led bulbs

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Instead of spending 7 or 8 hundred dollars for a pair of jk led headlights does somebody make led bulbs that can replace the bulbs in the stock jkus light housing?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

duktrx

I think the issue with stock headlights is the parabolic reflector. I took the bulbs from my Ram put them in the stock jk reflectors and had the same result as stock bulbs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

Not what I wanted to hear[emoji35]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Maybe not, but he is correct. I too love my JW's, however for around $100 you can do the Hella h4 conversion. Need the lights and an adapter connector cable for h13 to h4. They were amazing in my TJ.
For free, you can make sure the connections are clean, and they are aimed right.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Maybe not, but he is correct. I too love my JW's, however for around $100 you can do the Hella h4 conversion. Need the lights and an adapter connector cable for h13 to h4. They were amazing in my TJ.
For free, you can make sure the connections are clean, and they are aimed right.

I’ve done that, and it’s better, mostly because the housings are better. Trucklite or JW Speaker is the way to go. That was the first money I spent on my current Jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I think they sell x-ray lights in the US now. They do a really good 7” h4 halogen headlight for trucks that are only about $40 each. That’s what I run in mine with 100w bulbs and the light output is much better than the hella units they put in stock over here.

BobNH

I’ve done that, and it’s better, mostly because the housings are better. Trucklite or JW Speaker is the way to go. That was the first money I spent on my current Jeep.

My first money was the engine skid, but I do a LOT of night time back road driving and realized very quickly that a) the jk lights were awful and b) they were of a color range that led to massive eye fatigue for me, which leads to drowsiness, not a good mix in the woods, so the JW's were second and worth every penny.
I have found that in normal snow mine stay clear, too cold to melt the snow, but wet snow layers over them, but wipes (hehe) off easily enough. But they are bright enough that they still work well enough. And my stock ones froze over multiple time last year, sounheated led is proving no worse than stock in those situations.

duktrx

I have had truck lights for 4 years and they have been great. Highly recommend TL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using WAYALIFE mobile app
Truck Lights are the way to go, turns night into day. Crazy how focused they are, have yet to be flashed by oncoming traffic, yet I can see far out in front of my jeep. Did the horizontal adjustment screw add too when I installed mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom