Setting up suspension with minor frame damage?

du5tan

Got into an accident where I rear-ended a car with my front right tire. The damage included my front lower control arm mount being mangled, slightly bent front lower CA, AEV geometry correction bracket is bent and the frame is 1mm outside of what I'm told is a 3mm tolerance band (as quoted from the body shop). Along with a now leaky steering gearbox.
Currently setup with 4" procomp springs, Synergy front track bar bracket and AEV geometry correction, drop brackets. Stock control arms and track bar.

I'm doing all repairs myself and I've decided to go with a PR44 with the caster correction and a welded raised track bar bracket. I bought the tier 2 Core 4x4 adjustable control arms (upper and lowers). I don't know much about setting the suspension up brand new (with CA lengths) and was wondering if anyone knows much concerning using adjustable CAs to correct for minor frame misalignment and the longevity of doing so. Really mainly curious as I'm not opposed to getting it fixed, just wanted to know if it was a big deal or not.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

JKbrick

With adj control arms you can scrap the correction brackets so that will help, a front long arm kit would have given you new mounting points, I have no clue about aligning it with the frame out of spec. Is it your daily?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

du5tan

Thanks, I was planning on scrapping the geometry brackets as well. The long arm kit is a bit out of my price range bc I've got about a $5.5k budget INCLUDING the axle and steering repairs. And yeah, it's the daily.

jeeeep

Hooked
fix the frame, likely to cause other components to wear out faster and control arms are not designed to be set for cross alignment .

DD may not make much of a difference but depending on how far off it translates to the control arms, you may get more binding on the trail.

Top Bottom