C pillar ideas

GraniteCrystal

Installing RockHard C pillars. Ideas on how to put them to use? (besides rolling the Jeep)

Fire extinguisher mount
GoPro mount out the side
Fishing rod rack (rods go horizontal between the two)

Other ideas?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I was working on a rifle/shotgun mount but put it on hold. Unlike your fishing rod idea, the rifle would run parallel to the long side of the vehicle. With the top off there are a bunch of possibilities. With the top on things are a bit different.

GraniteCrystal

I was working on a rifle/shotgun mount but put it on hold. Unlike your fishing rod idea, the rifle would run parallel to the long side of the vehicle. With the top off there are a bunch of possibilities. With the top on things are a bit different.
I thought you may already have given this some thought and was hoping you'd chime in.

What other ideas have you considered?

Good2Go

I’m installing C pillars tomorrow. I’m thinking of installing a compressed air tank vertically on one and a ham radio (other than the head unit) on the other. One thing I’m not sure of yet is that I may have to remove the rear seat recline spacers I installed. That vertical bar looks like it would be very close to a rear seat passenger’s head. I’m gong to install the roll bar padding on it, but it still looks like it could be a hazard because it’s so close. I’ll check it with and without the spacers to be sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeeeep

Hooked
I don't think I would put anything on them except some padding to protect the rear seat passenger's head and shoulders.

jeeeep

Hooked
How would your head hit the c pillar? I feel like you would be in trouble if it did.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

From the photos they look like they line up even with the headrest.

I also have the rear seat recline so I'm taking that into consideration.

I'd still install them, but I'd pad the upper passenger facing portion

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My kids don’t hit my c-pillars at all. I’ve tried to intentionally do it and it’s damn near impossible at my height/size (although the stock sport/speaker bar thumped me in the forehead pretty good). I’ll see if that changes once I install the recline kit next week.

To the original question though, it would be quite easy to mount rotopax across the c and d pillars with the top off. Same goes for a hilift, shovel, or just about anything else. The easy (non-permanent) way to do it is to use quickfists attached to band clamps. Bar clamps would give a much better look though.

I also came up with a way to mount ski/snowboard racks inside the Jeep using the C-pillar but the rear seat would have to be down (or at least one side).

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I’m installing C pillars tomorrow. I’m thinking of installing a compressed air tank vertically on one and a ham radio (other than the head unit) on the other. One thing I’m not sure of yet is that I may have to remove the rear seat recline spacers I installed. That vertical bar looks like it would be very close to a rear seat passenger’s head. I’m gong to install the roll bar padding on it, but it still looks like it could be a hazard because it’s so close. I’ll check it with and without the spacers to be sure.

I did not have to remove the recline kit on mine. Also, no one has banged their heads on my non-padded bars.

I think everyone else has covered the ideas I've had, so nothing new here.

GraniteCrystal

View attachment 287018

..... or, how about some molle pouches for small gear...flashlight, first aid, water bottles, tool kit etc..
That's the second time in the past week someone on here has suggested I need a pole in my life. The first was in my garage, now it's my C pillar.

Molle definitely an option. Many of those items you mention I plan on putting on the Molle storage on the first and second row sport cage pieces though.

Top Bottom