4x4 locking up when turning

JS-CHLLN

Car drives fine in 2wd. When put in 4wd drives straight fine but when have to turn front wheels feel like locking up and turning difficult. Anyone ever come across this?

Sent from my SM-G935P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Xhisors

Car drives fine in 2wd. When put in 4wd drives straight fine but when have to turn front wheels feel like locking up and turning difficult. Anyone ever come across this?

I don't want to assume, but this is when off road yes? Or are you driving on pavement in 4wd? If on dry pavement it will cause the drive line to bind.

Edit: Notnalc beat me to it.

14JK-U

the last three posts answered the question, but if you want a better explanation why it happens do a quick google search of AWD vs 4WD and it'll explain why it happens in depth

JS-CHLLN

I will look at the AWD vs 4WD. When it first happened it was after those shifter clips broke. I was lucky enough to be with someone who had them. Fixed that then when put in 4wd it started doing what i previously described.

jeeeep

Hooked

that's normal, you'll feel it a little in 4HI, feel it more in 4Lo and even more if you have the lockers on

you can use 4HI on the street - I ran it up to 75mph for about 100miles before I remembered I forgot to take it out of 4HI, but damn it tracked like it was on rails lol

It is not recommended to use 4LO or lockers on dry pavement

Top Bottom