Jk to JL transmission

Samuelh3

Caught the Bug
Oooh. That would be awesome. Expensive but awesome. Given what seems to be a lot of similarities between the platforms I’m sure as time passes we’re going to see folks trying things like this to bring their JKs up to par with the JL.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
The electronics in the JL are completely different, you'd have to swap everything. Thing remove tipm replace with 10+ modules. No one in aftermarket had figured out how to run the fca 8 speed yet, maybe that will change now. Would be awesome if they did. You could always swap in a Gen V 6.2 with a gm 8 speed... it would probally be cheaper lol

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

The electronics in the JL are completely different, you'd have to swap everything. Thing remove tipm replace with 10+ modules. No one in aftermarket had figured out how to run the fca 8 speed yet, maybe that will change now. Would be awesome if they did. You could always swap in a Gen V 6.2 with a gm 8 speed... it would probally be cheaper lol

That’s what I was thinking when I first saw this thread. Seriously

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea I would say a big no for now at least 2+ years and that is even if the aftermarket can make the 8 speed work as there are so many electronics in the new JL that just swapping will simply not work. Like a other member previously stated you could swap a gen 5 6.2 with a gm 8 speed if in a rush or want to save money as he stated it will be much cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G955U using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
It will be awesome in a few months to see what stuff will cross over to improve a JK. My JK is paid off, so no JL for me unless it's piece by piece...

We should start a master "what JL stuff will fit on a JK" thread when we start learning what will.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
It will be awesome in a few months to see what stuff will cross over to improve a JK. My JK is paid off, so no JL for me unless it's piece by piece...

We should start a master "what JL stuff will fit on a JK" thread when we start learning what will.
I heard the tpms sensors may cross over... that's about it :)

Top Bottom