I just did something scary

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
For funsies I decided to remove my rough country dual steering stabilizer that was installed at the dealership prior to me purchasing the jeep. I test drove it and I'm assuming it's been masking death wobble. The whole jeep starts to shake violently around 35-40 mph, like the wheels are about to fall off. New years resolutions is now fixing this!

black pearl

Hooked
For funsies I decided to remove my rough country dual steering stabilizer that was installed at the dealership prior to me purchasing the jeep. I test drove it and I'm assuming it's been masking death wobble. The whole jeep starts to shake violently around 35-40 mph, like the wheels are about to fall off. New years resolutions is now fixing this!

It's funny/scary I've talked to someone not long ago that use to work for a dealership. He said that upgrading the SS is common practice for them fixing death wobble. [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

FallonJeeper

Yeah, why spend time and money to fix the actual root cause, when you can go cheap and mask the issue with a new steering stabilizer.

😎

jeeeep

Hooked
I was watching an episode of Motorweek and Pat Goss had a segment on DW regarding Jeeps.

His #1 cause of DW?? a bad steering stabilizer!! I was WTF!!

Couldn't believe I heard it from a supposed master technician :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Zevulin

I was watching an episode of Motorweek and Pat Goss had a segment on DW regarding Jeeps.

His #1 cause of DW?? a bad steering stabilizer!! I was WTF!!

Couldn't believe I heard it from a supposed master technician :doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

That’s definitely a WTF moment, can’t believe he would say that, must be a ploy to sell more steering stabilizers.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom