Evo hood/fender combo with 37's

hunterbilt

I have a 2013 rubicon unlimited. i wanted to run 37'' tires, but i would like to have as little lift as possible. i would like to use the same kind of set up as vengence with the Evo hood/fender combo. what size lift would i need? would i need to do anything else to fit 37's?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I have a 2013 rubicon unlimited. i wanted to run 37'' tires, but i would like to have as little lift as possible. i would like to use the same kind of set up as vengence with the Evo hood/fender combo. what size lift would i need? would i need to do anything else to fit 37's?

If you run flat fenders and trim your pinch seams you'd probably want to be at about 3.5" of lift. You want to start thinking about your driveline and steering as running 37's would cause problems sooner than later.

hunterbilt

I was planning on 5.13 gearing, and going with prorock 60's front and back, but I couldn't do that until the end of the year.

GCM 2

That's kinda what I thought. I'm just really scared to cut it! I'll be playing with tape for days lol

No need to be scared! Here is how clean my cuts came out, but my 40"s called for lots of trimming. All you need is a reciprocating saw. At the rear part of my back wheel wells I used expanding spray foam to fill in some of the sheet metal holes, once it expanded, I sanded flush and hit it with some black spray paint.

Attachments

• image-82109064.jpg
    image-82109064.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image-4036451623.jpg
    image-4036451623.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 177

hunterbilt

No need to be scared! Here is how clean my cuts came out, but my 40"s called for lots of trimming. All you need is a reciprocating saw. At the rear part of my back wheel wells I used expanding spray foam to fill in some of the sheet metal holes, once it expanded, I sanded flush and hit it with some black spray paint.

That looks great! How many inches did you have to cut back?

GCM 2

That looks great! How many inches did you have to cut back?

At least 4" at the front and probably 4-6" at the rear of the wheel well. With my EVO lever rear suspension set up I have a crazy amount of travel, my trimming of sheet metal continues to be an ongoing project even after 3+ years of running my set up. More than likely you won't have to trim as much as I did, but if you do, just break out the saw again :thumb:

GCM 2

How much of a lift do you have? I may eventually want to run 40's but for now I'm going with 37's

I'm running coilovers, so I can adjust ride height. I am running the equivalent of about 4"s of traditional coil spring lift. I am also running full width ProRock 60 one ton axles that are wider than stock and I don't run really any sort of fenders so there is not much to interfere with wheel travel and that helps a lot with clearance issues.

Attachments

• image-1492046582.jpg
    image-1492046582.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2688852622.jpg
    image-2688852622.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 107
  • image-1275061554.jpg
    image-1275061554.jpg
    372.4 KB · Views: 97
Top Bottom