Sidewall vs Wider Tire?

What is your preference? Do you like a wider tire with a larger wheel or a narrower tire with a smaller wheel?

For example 40x13.5x17 vs 40x15.5x20...This applies to all sizes not just 40's :-D

I prefer a wider tire myself but would love to hear everyone's opinion.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
For me it would depend on where I do a lot of wheeling. Right now where I am wider is better to get a larger footprint. But both the 13.5 and the 15.5 are wide.

Jeeper_2010

The wider tires look better to me. My BFG 35x12.50 look tiny next to Toyo 13.50. It really looks like they are different sizes. I wheeled with shut two weeks ago and I swear his 33x12.50 Toyos looked as big or bigger than my 35".

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wider tire with a wider wheel. It's what we run on our big white JK - 40x15.50 on a 20" wheel :)

FrankenJeeper

Wider tire with a wider wheel. It's what we run on our big white JK - 40x15.50 on a 20" wheel :)

I was feeling good about my 35's until I seen this 😑 haha hopefully I'll be up to 40's one of these years

2010 JKU Sport
1977 CJ5

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Hellfire

I have 35x14.5x15 TSL boggers & though they were a little wide for me until yesterday...went to Frank Raines park and went everywhere on those tires. At one point they kept me from rolling over sideways and I just slid till I recovered from it. I don't think I'll go anything less than 13.5 width now...& my rims are 15x10.

Attachments

• 1361726691796.jpg
    1361726691796.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
I have 35x14.5x15 TSL boggers & though they were a little wide for my for me until yesterday...went to Frank Raines park and went everywhere on those tires. At one point they kept me from rolling over sideways and I just slid till I recovered from it. I don't think I'll go anything less than 13.5 width now...& my rims are 15x10.

Ya ever since running my Bronco I have loved wider tires. Both the look and the footprint it gives is awesome.

Glad to hear nothing bad happened! I love the aggressive look of the boggers but have never ran them.

Top Bottom