Tpms sensor stem broke

Dmac08JK

My new tire tpms sensor stem broke. So I went to the place I bought my tires from but they didn’t have any sensors in stocks. So they put a rubber valve stem. Will that ruin my sensors ? Could it hurt my tire or rim ?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

black pearl

Hooked
My new tire tpms sensor stem broke. So I went to the place I bought my tires from but they didn’t have any sensors in stocks. So they put a rubber valve stem. Will that ruin my sensors ? Could it hurt my tire or rim ?

You should be fine. I know on mine the sensor is part of the valve stem , so they would have to remove that to put the rubber one in. Your low tier light will just be on , till you have a new sensor installed

jeeeep

Hooked
You should be fine. I know on mine the sensor is part of the valve stem , so they would have to remove that to put the rubber one in. Your low tier light will just be on , till you have a new sensor installed

This ^^^^

I ran without any of the TPMS sensors on a set of tires, the low tire dash light was on but no issues

toyotire

the sensor is attached to the valve stem via a torx screw. they make rubber stems that work just fine with oem sensors. If this is what they used you are ok. My guess if your tpms light is not on then this is what they used.

Dmac08JK

the sensor is attached to the valve stem via a torx screw. they make rubber stems that work just fine with oem sensors. If this is what they used you are ok. My guess if your tpms light is not on then this is what they used.

They just put a rubber stem in. The low tire light is on but I ordered a new sensor. Thanks for the help

jeeeep

Hooked
Thanks for the help. Did you do anything mudding or drive in snow ?

other than the low tire indicator, it didn't affect the other systems.

I drove thru Colorado on my way to Utah and hit snow, no issues.

I don't purposely look for mud, I did once and spent way too much time cleaning up the mess lol

Dmac08JK

other than the low tire indicator, it didn't affect the other systems.

I drove thru Colorado on my way to Utah and hit snow, no issues.

I don't purposely look for mud, I did once and spent way too much time cleaning up the mess lol

Awesome thanks. I don’t really look from muddy trails either but it’s close to my house.

Top Bottom