Light came on after lift install

erik932

So I got done installing my 3 inch lift and drove the Jeep today for the first time today since and this light came on does this turn off after alignment? Did I install something wrong? IMG_0318.JPG IMG_0316.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

spinned

CF7FB1F5-DC97-4380-95AF-8182FB24FF48.jpg

Not sure why my photo is sideways but...

Loosen the two 15mm bolts on the closest bar to the front bumper just under the front. Loosen both of them. That is your steering wheel adjustment. It will not alter your alignment. It will just rotate the steering wheel. The two bolts are located about 4 inches apart from each other. It is the only bar under the front with those two bolts. They are located on the driver side of the bar. Once you have them both loose grab the area between the two bolts with your hand and rotate them 1/2 turn to the front. That should move your steering wheel counterclockwise about one number on the clock. Tighten the bolts and drive a few blocks down a straight road and adjust as necessary. Took me 3 tries to dial it in.

With the steering wheel off kilter the JK thinks something is wrong as both wheels are rotating the same speed while the JK thinks you are in a turn.

Fix the steering wheel to center then drive the JK for a few miles and turn off the ignition. When you turn it back on the light should be off.

Very simple... takes 5 minutes. Only tool needed is a 15mm wrench.

Attachments

• 9A716D5D-8B68-4738-9920-191E6DDD892C.jpg
    9A716D5D-8B68-4738-9920-191E6DDD892C.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

spinned

When I installed my 2.5“ AEV lift mine did the same thing. I centered the steering wheel to fix the light and then I took it in for an alignment. I probably didn’t need the alignment but I did it because I also added brand new 315/70r17 Duratracs too.

erik932

View attachment 287897

Not sure why my photo is sideways but...

Loosen the two 15mm bolts on the closest bar to the front bumper just under the front. Loosen both of them. That is your steering wheel adjustment. It will not alter your alignment. It will just rotate the steering wheel. The two bolts are located about 4 inches apart from each other. It is the only bar under the front with those two bolts. They are located on the driver side of the bar. Once you have them both loose grab the area between the two bolts with your hand and rotate them 1/2 turn to the front. That should move your steering wheel counterclockwise about one number on the clock. Tighten the bolts and drive a few blocks down a straight road and adjust as necessary. Took me 3 tries to dial it in.

With the steering wheel off kilter the JK thinks something is wrong as both wheels are rotating the same speed while the JK thinks you are in a turn.

Fix the steering wheel to center then drive the JK for a few miles and turn off the ignition. When you turn it back on the light should be off.

Very simple... takes 5 minutes. Only tool needed is a 15mm wrench.

Yea I moved this part around to much when I installed the drag link flip kit. Got it all better now thanks bud!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom