Over heating

barbless

Looking for some help. I did a search for over heating and after reading quite a bit I am not sure what to think. At 47k miles our '14 jku rubicon water temps have just started to spike - around 225-235. Is that normal? It seems to happens with the A/C on. Haven't noticed it happen with it off yet. But this has never been an issue before. I read a lot of replies to post that people have had the same happen and it doesn't sound like they are worried. The water temp usually seems to spike when driving slow in traffic or at idle with A/C on. When driving above 40-45mph it drops back down. I have not found any leaks. The fan does come on around 225 i think. So is this really normal? The jeep is stock. It has only overheated once on me going up to Coyote Flats with ac on - expected.

Also can anyone recommend any trust worthy jeep mechanic in LA/OC border area? We are located in Rowland Heights, CA

thanks,
\m/

WJCO

Meme King
Sounds like an airflow problem. Ensure that your radiator and condenser are not plugged with mud and bugs, etc. You can clean it from the engine side outward towards the bumper with low to medium pressure water. Also ensure there is no air in the cooling system.

barbless

thanks, I'll give that a shot. my friend also recommended pressure washing the radiator. i gave it a spray with the hose today, but ill give it a shot with the pressure washer inside out. he also said possibly the radiator cap, but I'll give both a shot.
thanks again

WJCO

Meme King
thanks, I'll give that a shot. my friend also recommended pressure washing the radiator. i gave it a spray with the hose today, but ill give it a shot with the pressure washer inside out. he also said possibly the radiator cap, but I'll give both a shot.
thanks again

Be careful with a pressure washer as you can bend the fins. If you're able to keep the wand away from the radiator, do so. Just play it safe. Honestly, a garden hose with a spray nozzle is safer so you don't damage the fins.

Top Bottom