Slider/Step for JK Unlimited

NonStop

Hello Everyone,
I have finally bought my Dream Vehicle after many years of wishing & dreaming of A Jeep. 2015 Wrangled Unlimited Tank Green.
I need some advice on choosing a Slider/Step for my baby.
I do not plan on getting to aggressive off road, but something strong enough to help prevent damage, & allow a spacious step.
What do you recommend?
Thank you
Non-Stop

Sent from my SM-G935T using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
LoD or Evo are two quality brands that have a good step and are built right here in the USA. Ideally, securing them to the frame is the strongest mounting method. And although the LoD Signature Series can be bolted to the frame, you can also weld them on. The new LoD Destroyer Series I believe mounts to the body mounts.

Vinnielax

I have the LOD signature series sliders installed. See pictures attached. I had them welded on rather than bolted. I originally started to bolt but could not get them to line up on the passenger side. Likely user error, but rather than screw around with it I had both sides welded. No complaints at all about performance/protection. They certainly do the job and are fairly low profile.

fiend

Caught the Bug
I have the LODs, but bolted not welded. They seem pretty solid. The step is nice, especially if you have a taller jeep.
IMG_9156.jpg IMG_9159.jpg

zimm

Caught the Bug
If you're not going to bang'em into rocks and want more of a step the ACE sliders are good. I had them, but after hitting rocks I sold 'em for weld in EVO. Worse step, but way better rock protection.

wjtstudios

Hooked
A different step that is a bolt on that is not welded are the Rockhard boatside sliders. IMG_7615.jpg
Very clean looking and a good functional step. I’ve hit them an number of times on rocks and barely a scratch, but I have not come down on them hard nor put the full weight on them trying to turn on a rock. But so far I am happy.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JoeB-JKURX

Rock Slide Engineering Electric Step Sliders

Placed order on Black Friday (15%). Hurts wife to get in and out with stock 10A sliders. Cheap enough to help wife into $60K Jeep when she otherwise may not go on rides. Some say that, if you need these steps, you probably don't need sliders. I'm sure that was what the well known mall crawler John Currie was thinking when he installed a set on one of his recent builds.

Blackhawkip

A different step that is a bolt on that is not welded are the Rockhard boatside sliders. View attachment 287811
Very clean looking and a good functional step. I’ve hit them an number of times on rocks and barely a scratch, but I have not come down on them hard nor put the full weight on them trying to turn on a rock. But so far I am happy.

Like the Sliders!

I wish there was more reviews out there on the Rockhard Boatside sliders. I like the clean look of them and they are HEAVY. I'd like a step to access my roof rack as I mostly do overlanding/camping and need a place to stand. The size of the step on the Rockhards is the width of the fenders. This width also helps with keeping the sides of the Jeep clean. Not really looking forward to putting nutserts into the body but I'll get over it.

Fury22

Check out the dv8 sr10 slider/steps. They are pretty stout, I've put the jeep on some rocks and they've held up pretty well, some slight dents which is to be expected. Good color choice👌

Attachments

• 20171005_184842.jpg
    20171005_184842.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 61

wjtstudios

Hooked
Like the Sliders!

I wish there was more reviews out there on the Rockhard Boatside sliders. I like the clean look of them and they are HEAVY. I'd like a step to access my roof rack as I mostly do overlanding/camping and need a place to stand. The size of the step on the Rockhards is the width of the fenders. This width also helps with keeping the sides of the Jeep clean. Not really looking forward to putting nutserts into the body but I'll get over it.

Thank you!

I love them. Hated the nutserts but after a the first one, it goes easier. I’ve rubbed them on trees and a couple rocks with minimal damage, just scratches. I have not yet dropped down hard on them yet, so I cannot speak to their resilience to damage there.

They are very heavy and are great steps. Before the wider axles, they helped to keep the Jeep clean. Not so much afterwards. I recommend them.

Last edited:
Top Bottom