Engine light came on from low tranny fluid

robt0216

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to reset my Engine light indicator after realizing my tranny fluid was low due to a few holes that had rusted open in my tranny pan. I had noticed my JK seemingly trying to mark its territory at work so when I got home, I look underneath thinking it was engine oil because I had recently changed it and it turns out it looked as though it was coming from the transmission. I wiped the pan down with some towels and took a straight edge to scrape some of the loose rust off and opened up the floodgates. Ended up having to replace the pan and seal but now just wondering how to remove the indicator light.

Thanks in advance for any advice. IMG_4595.jpg IMG_4592.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Brute

Hooked
I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to reset my Engine light indicator after realizing my tranny fluid was low due to a few holes that had rusted open in my tranny pan. I had noticed my JK seemingly trying to mark its territory at work so when I got home, I look underneath thinking it was engine oil because I had recently changed it and it turns out it looked as though it was coming from the transmission. I wiped the pan down with some towels and took a straight edge to scrape some of the loose rust off and opened up the floodgates. Ended up having to replace the pan and seal but now just wondering how to remove the indicator light.

Thanks in advance for any advice. View attachment 287849 View attachment 287850

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Holy smokes (pun intended)...good thing you caught that before being out on the trail...

This is how to reset the "change oil" message...may work here: turn key to on position (do not start); depress accelerator pedal fully 3 times within 10 seconds; turn key to off position

Top Bottom