Power steering quit

Kenthejeepguy

OK, I know I need to add in a hydraulic assist steering, but I was at the beach Saturday driving in sand and suddenly my power steering went out. No leaks, no noise. Is there a heavier duty replacement power steering unit than the standard auto zone type? Or do I just need to replace it with another junkie one in dish out money for the auxiliary assist?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

OK, I know I need to add in a hydraulic assist steering, but I was at the beach Saturday driving in sand and suddenly my power steering went out. No leaks, no noise. Is there a heavier duty replacement power steering unit than the standard auto zone type? Or do I just need to replace it with another junkie one in dish out money for the auxiliary assist?

Heavier duty pump or box? PSC makes both.

I was wondering this as well. Blew the seal out on mine yesterday while playing on the rocks. Don't really want to drop 2200 on the pse kit yet.

Why not do a redneck ram? The kit is $600 with a rebuilt and ported box shipped.
I have one and it's been great.

Jackal01

My pump started to fail after I installed RNR (it was 7 years old with 88k miles). About a month ago Exodus Jeeps installed the PSC pump and reservoir kit, and my rig has never driven this well. To top it off all of it came out cheaper than the full PSC kit. The symptoms of my pump failing was with the ram installed there was a dangerous delay in the reaction between my input from the steering wheel and the tires moving. With the ram off it drive decent enough to be safe and I didn't look like I was DUI. Added the new pump and resi and everything tightened up and it feels nearly stock.

Top Bottom