Hydro question.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
So I’m planning on going one tons soon.
Trying to see if I can put off hydro. I know Mel runs just the big bore in spicy chicken. How would the Jeep be without hydro and running 40s? Keep going back and forth between junkyard axles and dynatracs. New job I’ll have 6 days off so the junkyard axles seemed appealing to me to keep me busy. But in the long run and price wise the two aren’t too far off from each other.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Exodus 4x4

The 1 tons aren’t that far off from Dynatracs, IF you build them almost exactly the same and can get really good deals on the parts. Even when I build them with parts at wholesale, the labor puts it pretty close to the hardcore package.

I haven’t driven a 1 ton/40’s JK with just the big bore box, but have without hydro. It’s a shit show and can’t imagine that the XD box makes it THAT much better. I’m sure it helps, but to what extent I don’t know. I have just the redneck ram on mine and it’s pretty damn good. However I am running the GM power steering pump on my LS and I’m told that’s the very best there is, so that may play into why it does so good with just the ram. I’ll be moving all my LS accessories over to Jeep soon with the exception of the power steering pump. That will be changed to a high flow PSC pump and I hope close to the GM pump.

Others may disagree, but my opinion is all you need is the ram assist. I think the combination of the two is overkill and possibly asking for trouble. I like to have a certain level of “feel”, especially in the rocks. That’s just me and my opinion though and I’m sure someone else will chime in with theirs.

Mybadjk

Caught the Bug
The 1 tons aren’t that far off from Dynatracs, IF you build them almost exactly the same and can get really good deals on the parts. Even when I build them with parts at wholesale, the labor puts it pretty close to the hardcore package.

I haven’t driven a 1 ton/40’s JK with just the big bore box, but have without hydro. It’s a shit show and can’t imagine that the XD box makes it THAT much better. I’m sure it helps, but to what extent I don’t know. I have just the redneck ram on mine and it’s pretty damn good. However I am running the GM power steering pump on my LS and I’m told that’s the very best there is, so that may play into why it does so good with just the ram. I’ll be moving all my LS accessories over to Jeep soon with the exception of the power steering pump. That will be changed to a high flow PSC pump and I hope close to the GM pump.

Others may disagree, but my opinion is all you need is the ram assist. I think the combination of the two is overkill and possibly asking for trouble. I like to have a certain level of “feel”, especially in the rocks. That’s just me and my opinion though and I’m sure someone else will chime in with theirs.

Figured it would suck. I was running 37s with no stabilizer and wasn’t bad. I know 40s are a whole different ball park

Exodus 4x4

Figured it would suck. I was running 37s with no stabilizer and wasn’t bad. I know 40s are a whole different ball park

I should add next to impossible when aired down. Like I said though, someone running just the XD box may have a different opinion. I say start with the assist first and then add the XD box later if you aren’t satisfied.

Top Bottom