Jeepers that go to a 'Crazy Hat Party'

Well, for this past New Years eve, we got invited to a party that involved the wearing of a 'crazy hat' contest. We had never been to one, nor heard of it before so we googled it and...wow, lots of crazy hats but nothing that I liked or wanted to create and I even searched areas like 'jeep crazy hats' with no luck. So in talking with my wife about it I can up with the idea and said it need to be Jeep / off road themed. So she went digging in the closet and couldn't find a 'JEEP' hat but found an extra 'Superwinch' hat. So off to Walmart to look for something to put on it. SCORE... Walmart had these Jeep HotWheels and the after-Christmas light sale so, less than four dollars later we were out the door. At home we spent about an hour with a hot glue gun and a stick out of the yard and came up with this for my wife to wear...... it won FIRST PLACE !!!!
So I pass it on to you to help for your own ideas if you get invited to a 'Crazy Hat Party'
Hat 1.jpg
DSC_0014.jpg
DSC_0011.jpg
So the light were done because this party was outdoor around a fire pit and since the LED light were on thin non-insulated bare wire, I wrapped up the extra wire around the frame and axles and got the lights to stay on the roof rack (green Jeep) and windshield of the black Jeep and again around the bumpers to give the look of off road lights. The other LED lamps were just spaced around the perimeter for general lighting.
Hat 3.jpg
Hat 4.jpg
Hat 5.jpg
The winch cable was three thin wires twisted to make it look like cable and a I just drilled a small hole in the bumpers for attachment.
So good luck with yours.....

Top Bottom