Fuel Tanks

Ryangriffiths2252

Hey my name’s Ryan and i drive an 07 jk with 513 gears on 35s. I get awful fuel economy and was wanting to know if anyone had a suggestion on an aftermarket fuel tank that is larger than factory but will still fit under a 2 door. Help and advice is appreciated

Thanks,
Ryan

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Check out genright, they make gas tanks for 2 and 4 door that goes in the rear muffler area.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
We've got an 08 with 5:13 gears and 37 inch tires.... Just putting this package together as we speak so I'm hoping it will do good on gas. My suggestion, bigger tires! That's always the answer right?

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey my name’s Ryan and i drive an 07 jk with 513 gears on 35s. I get awful fuel economy and was wanting to know if anyone had a suggestion on an aftermarket fuel tank that is larger than factory but will still fit under a 2 door. Help and advice is appreciated

Thanks,
Ryan

5.13 and 35's.... that's geared pretty low.

IMO for the cost of getting an auxiliary tank I'd regear to 4.88or 4.56 depending on whether you drive and auto or manual.

by the time you buy the tank and an additional fuel pump you could probably order a PR44 with gears and regear the rear axle.

Not to mention the additional weight of the additional fuel= less mpg overall

What axles are you running?

Last edited:

Clutch

Caught the Bug
5.13 and 35's.... that's geared pretty low.

What axles are you running?

I feel like that is a low gearing too, but I’ve read numerous threads on here where people have recommended it. I think Baddestcross just geared to that. But I have 4.10s on 35s and think it’s fine. I’ve driven 4.88s on 35s and didn’t think it was much different, especially not worth $2500 (the cost to regear in my neck of the woods).

I wouldn’t put in a larger gas tank seems like a pain and I’m sure there is about 10 other known and unknown issues it would present.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:
Top Bottom