Offroad shop in Phoenix, Arizona

AZRubicon1

Hello fellow jeepers, happy new year to all of you.

So over the holidays I installed the Evo enforcer pro on my jeep, as well as all 8 currie rock jock control arms, and several other goodies. I went to the local Firestone and had an alignment done (with the original 33in tires), and they did a decent job, but my jeep still pulls to the right a little. The jeep already pulled a bit before I lifted it, that is why I wanted adjustable arms. I haven’t installed the new tires I bought because I’m scared of ruining them.

So my question is, can you guys recommend a good off-road shop that you trust, which can align my jeep and mount my tires. Also the tires I want to mount are 37x12.5x17 Nittos on my original wheels, so they would have to not mind that. I know discount tires didn’t want to mount them, because of the wheel width.

Thank you all for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rynob79

Try cross rotating your front tires. Passenger to driver and driver to passenger and see if the pull goes away or changes direction. Camber and caster are what will mainly cause a pull. Camber should not be affected by your lift. It’s only adjustable with aftermarket ball joints. As far as your caster if adjust one side on your vehicle it will affect the other since it’s a solid axle. That being said, I’m not sure what a shop will be able to do for you as far as pull goes. Did you get your alignment printout from the shop that did it? I’d be curious to see the numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZRubicon1

Try cross rotating your front tires. Passenger to driver and driver to passenger and see if the pull goes away or changes direction. Camber and caster are what will mainly cause a pull. Camber should not be affected by your lift. It’s only adjustable with aftermarket ball joints. As far as your caster if adjust one side on your vehicle it will affect the other since it’s a solid axle. That being said, I’m not sure what a shop will be able to do for you as far as pull goes. Did you get your alignment printout from the shop that did it? I’d be curious to see the numbers.

IMG_7420.jpg

These are the measurements from the shop. I’m installing driveshafts too, and will try to adjust my caster again after. Is there a way to check if the ball joints are bad?

Rynob79

View attachment 288689

These are the measurements from the shop. I’m installing driveshafts too, and will try to adjust my caster again after. Is there a way to check if the ball joints are bad?

Your measurements look pretty good. I’m thinking you have a bad tire most likely. I’d be really curious to see if cross rotating your tires changes anything. Maybe cross rotate all four tires. Right tires to left and left to right. Typically you can raise the front end and grab the tire on the top and bottom and push the top in and pull the bottom and vise versa to see if there is excessive play in the ball joints. You could also use a pry bar under the tire and pry up. How many miles are on your Jeep?

WJCO

Meme King
Camber isn't adjustable, yet your reading changed. I'm guessing that you may have a bad ball joint or wheel bearing. With that being said, your before readings only show camber difference of .5 degrees which is minute enough where it shouldn't cause a pull.

Rynob79

Camber isn't adjustable, yet your reading changed. I'm guessing that you may have a bad ball joint or wheel bearing. With that being said, your before readings only show camber difference of .5 degrees which is minute enough where it shouldn't cause a pull.

I saw that too. In my experience that little of a change can happen just manipulating tires and heads during the alignment process.

I’ve had a really good experience with Absolute Off-road which is located in North Phoenix. They did my PSC steering box and my alignment my Jeep drives extremely better couldn’t be happier.

Top Bottom