Advanced Adapters JK T case cable and 1350 DS not working

mastrcruse

Trying to get some ideas on an issue I’m having.

Have advanced adapters JK t case cable upgrade and tried to install the Adams 1350 yoke for my front driveshaft. The bolt head of the cable upgrade is hitting the yoke and not allowing the Jeep to go into 2wd.

My thoughts are to get a counter sunk bolt but wondering if there are any other ideas? Has anyone else had this issue?

BaddestCross

Trying to get some ideas on an issue I’m having.

Have advanced adapters JK t case cable upgrade and tried to install the Adams 1350 yoke for my front driveshaft. The bolt head of the cable upgrade is hitting the yoke and not allowing the Jeep to go into 2wd.

My thoughts are to get a counter sunk bolt but wondering if there are any other ideas? Has anyone else had this issue?
Don't know about that one, but even the stock bracket needs to be trimmed to clear the yoke on the 1350.

--
Build Thread - Adventures of Fiona - https://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=47407

mastrcruse

Which bracket are you talking about? I’ve already trimmed # 1

This is #1

Attachments

• CE03AE3D-5086-4590-9D6E-E13414D249F6.jpg
    CE03AE3D-5086-4590-9D6E-E13414D249F6.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 150

mastrcruse

Or #2.

This is #2. This is where the bolt head is hitting the yoke

Attachments

• E9F3BBA2-6A4B-40AC-917D-1851FFB73BF9.jpg
    E9F3BBA2-6A4B-40AC-917D-1851FFB73BF9.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 147

maskale

prolly get a little flame for this, but.....

depending on where the bolt is hitting either grind bolt head down.

or

Pull rear shaft and front from Tcase. Put jeep in 4x4 and drive, as yoke spins hit it with a grinder. But I cant really see which bolt is hitting, would you have to keep front shaft in to do the grinding? If so take necessary precautions.

Last edited:

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
What does your 1350 yoke on case look like? Is it very short I assume? They make one that is longer and puts the actual yoke out past that lever. That’s the one generally used on JKs for the issue you are having.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

I tried a counter sunk bolt and moved the cable to the other side. Works perfectly!

One more quick question, I’ve been told to put gasket maker on the threads but see Project-JK use loctite. If using gasket maker, what threads should it go on? The yoke itself or t case shaft?

wjtstudios

Hooked
I have the Adams 1350 and comparing that yoke to yours it seems really short. You may need to call Adams and see why your was shipped with a short yoke. I tried to get a shot if mine, but it’s tight with the skid plates on to get that shot. IMG_8596.jpg
But the bolt plate is in front of that cable mount by around an 1”.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

The yoke I pictured as #2 is a OEM one, my 1350 shipped with a longer yoke.

Solved the issue with pushing the cable to the other side and using a counter sunk bolt. Driveshaft is on and tested flex for trimming purposes. Loving how this thing drives and performs offroad.

Attachments

• AFB009BA-A77A-44B4-95A4-99C64B3F033E.jpg
    AFB009BA-A77A-44B4-95A4-99C64B3F033E.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 67

wjtstudios

Hooked
The yoke I pictured as #2 is a OEM one, my 1350 shipped with a longer yoke.

Solved the issue with pushing the cable to the other side and using a counter sunk bolt. Driveshaft is on and tested flex for trimming purposes. Loving how this thing drives and performs offroad.

Glad you got it to work out. Is the advanced adapter worth it? Were you having issues before you installed it?

mastrcruse

Glad you got it to work out. Is the advanced adapter worth it? Were you having issues before you installed it?

Was worth it because I won it. It’s a solid setup compared to stock but I’d wait to upgrade when the plastic things die....and even then I’d probably get one of those metal repalcement kits vs the cable. The shifts with the AA kit are super solid though so it’s 50:50 for me.

JKbrick

Was worth it because I won it. It’s a solid setup compared to stock but I’d wait to upgrade when the plastic things die....and even then I’d probably get one of those metal repalcement kits vs the cable. The shifts with the AA kit are super solid though so it’s 50:50 for me.

What metal replacement bushing kits? I’ve got my console out and if I’m going to upgrade now would be a good time

wjtstudios

Hooked

Thanks for the honest opinion.

mastrcruse

What metal replacement bushing kits? I’ve got my console out and if I’m going to upgrade now would be a good time

Let me see if I can find the company that used to sell them. Before the upgraded cable, I upgraded the T case side bushing with a metal one and it gave me some confidence. They are sold in pairs, I’ll go out into the garage tomorrow and if I can find the 2nd one, I’ll throw it into an envelope and send it your way.

Since you have the console out, you can upgrade both but most of the time only the lower one is an issue.

JKbrick

Let me see if I can find the company that used to sell them. Before the upgraded cable, I upgraded the T case side bushing with a metal one and it gave me some confidence. They are sold in pairs, I’ll go out into the garage tomorrow and if I can find the 2nd one, I’ll throw it into an envelope and send it your way.

Since you have the console out, you can upgrade both but most of the time only the lower one is an issue.

That’s awesome, even if you can just send the name or part number would be great [emoji106]

Top Bottom