08 JK Rubicon Electrical issues

robertoloco

I was out rock crawling over the New Year when I came down on my skid plate pretty hard.When I did this the ABS,Brake,Esp/Bas lights came on.The sway bar light flashes continually,the locker lights flash when turned on.The speedometer and cruise control stopped working.I just installed 2 new batteries.I disconnected the terminals for a couple hours and reconnected but my problem persists.The jeep runs and stops fine .Does this sound familiar to anyone?Any help appreciated.I forgot to add the check engine light comes on reading code U1110,lost engine speed messageI clear it but it just reappears..

Sent from my SM-G930V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

robertoloco

WJCO ,Thanks,I did a visual inspection and they looked ok.I do have 2 new unit bearings for the front and they have new wheel sensors and wires.I guess I should install them and check the rear more thoroughly and clean them.

BobNH

Which skid plate?
I know my engine skid mounts to the motor mounts. Perhaps you slammed that hard enough to contact or pinch some wires.

robertoloco

Which skid plate?
I know my engine skid mounts to the motor mounts. Perhaps you slammed that hard enough to contact or pinch some wires.
My transmission skid plate is mounted to my oil pan skid plate which does mount to motor mounts.I did TRY to look for any pinched wires,but thes wires wiuld be in very tight hard to reach areas.I think I did pinch some wires,and possibly shorted out ECU.That might be why the lockers wont lock.I dont know how to test a ECU.

robertoloco

I replaced both front wheel sensors.Cleaned both rear.Drivers rear was real dirty,but did not have one to replace so i cleaned and reinstalled.All my problem lights remained.

jeeeep

Hooked
I was out rock crawling over the New Year when I came down on my skid plate pretty hard.When I did this the ABS,Brake,Esp/Bas lights came on.The sway bar light flashes continually,the locker lights flash when turned on.The speedometer and cruise control stopped working.I just installed 2 new batteries.I disconnected the terminals for a couple hours and reconnected but my problem persists.The jeep runs and stops fine .Does this sound familiar to anyone?Any help appreciated.I forgot to add the check engine light comes on reading code U1110,lost engine speed messageI clear it but it just reappears..

did you check the ABS harness that goes up behind the wheel well covers?

was there another code besides the U1110?

check the plugs under the TIPM may be the impact knocked one loose or off.

Sahara_Maverick

Are you getting any other error codes besides the one you mentioned? It's strange that with all those lights you only get one.

I would also check the connections to the TIPM. Those connectors are pretty tight but if you suddenly started getting a "Christmas tree" on your dashboard some might have got loose or the harnesses themselves somewhere else. You may have to follow them and check each connection.

I had some hard hits but never any lights or anything weird came out. Therefore, yours was likely really hard.

Good luck!

robertoloco

Yes,I also pulled codes U0121, lost communication with anti brake module,and U1120 lost wheel distance message.I will take a look at abs harness and TIPM wires.

robertoloco

Well its been 4 months since I was asking about this problem.I took it to the shop and they found a blown fuse.Not the normal little rectangle fuse ,but the taller square fuse with the clear cover over the top.Easy fix.I did not know how to test thesd fuses.

jagerhelix

Well its been 4 months since I was asking about this problem.I took it to the shop and they found a blown fuse.Not the normal little rectangle fuse ,but the taller square fuse with the clear cover over the top.Easy fix.I did not know how to test thesd fuses.

Glad it was a simple fix

Sent from my E6820TM using Tapatalk

Bustedback

What caused the fuse to blow? Fuses don’t wear out, something shorted to ground or drew more amperage than the fuse could handle.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.

robertoloco

What caused the fuse to blow? Fuses don’t wear out, something shorted to ground or drew more amperage than the fuse could handle.

Typed by my very own fat fingers on my iPad or iPhone.
Not exacly sure,I was banging over some rocks and somthing shorted out.I do have a dual battery setup,ond the solenoid is mounted to the battery hold down,when I had my test light out,the case of the solenoid was hot,and it was bolted to the battery hold down which is a ground.Replaced the solenoid.

Top Bottom