Help me figure out if my Jeep has a lift or spacers

JeepWhealen

Hey all,

I just bought a used 2015 JKU last week and I am a first time Jeeper (and loving every second of it). I swear my Jeep is higher than normal and I don’t know if there is a lift kit installed already or some spacers, and I haven’t been able to take it in to a shop yet. Can anyone tell from the pics below what’s going on under there? IMG_0471.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

TomDabb

Doesn’t look lifted. Tires look smaller then stock. Check the size. Smaller tires show greater clearance between the fender entire giving it a lifted appearance. So does not having any running boards. My 2013 looked similar wo running boards. I installed running boards made a big difference in appearance and convenience.

JeepWhealen

Doesn’t look lifted. Tires look smaller then stock. Check the size. Smaller tires show greater clearance between the fender entire giving it a lifted appearance. So does not having any running boards. My 2013 looked similar wo running boards. I installed running boards made a big difference in appearance and convenience.

Thanks for the input guys, appreciate it. Tires are Goodyear Wrangler STR 255/75/17. I just purchased running boards so those will go on next week.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Post some pics! Heck it looks like you might even have body lift. Post pics of suspension and body mount.

Last edited:

Sahara_Maverick

I agree. Take your tire off and check the spring's ends. Spacers look like ice hockey puks. Some OEM springs also have little tabs with their specs that might still be there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

IMG_1102.JPG
The red looks like what we are calling spacers, under that is the stock spring isolator, if the yellow things are rubber blocks jammed in the coils I would lose those ASAP

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom