Driving/off road light

silverbackjk

I am looking for a pair of off road lights they will be mounted on my evo quarter pounder in between the stinger. I am looking to spend $300 or under. What do you think is the best value. looking for a good all around light i like the light force lights are they any good?

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you haven't already, save your money and buy some truck-lites. I bought rigid dualy d2's first and frankly do not even bother turning them on with the truck-lites. :thumb:

silverbackjk

If you haven't already, save your money and buy some truck-lites. I bought rigid dualy d2's first and frankly do not even bother turning them on with the truck-lites. :thumb:

I was thinking that but i just got my EVO fairlead fog light mount the other day. I did see the side by side Eddie did with the truck-lites and the difference was huge. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I was thinking that but i just got my EVO fairlead fog light mount the other day. I did see the side by side Eddie did with the truck-lites and the difference was huge. :yup:

Cool.:thumb: I've driven with my D2s off road at about 60 mph and felt I could see far enough in front of me not to worry about it. I was playing with the truck-lites and D2s the other day and realized the D2s do not let me see any further in front of me but only provide a wider throw. Anyway, if it makes a difference I say go for it, otherwise I'd save my $. All that said, I might just add a light bar someday in case I need to really light up the night. :rock:

silverbackjk

Cool.:thumb: I've driven with my D2s off road at about 60 mph and felt I could see far enough in front of me not to worry about it. I was playing with the truck-lites and D2s the other day and realized the D2s do not let me see any further in front of me but only provide a wider throw. Anyway, if it makes a difference I say go for it, otherwise I'd save my $. All that said, I might just add a light bar someday in case I need to really light up the night. :rock:

The light bars are really nice. EVO 1 use to have one between his stinger i think it might have been the 10 inch one but it is expensive. I would raither do the truck lights and some cheat driving lights.

silverbackjk

What series of the D2s do you have?

rtguy1

Excellent. I'm really interested in doing some hid lights, specifically from hid projectors.com. Not that I don't like trucklites but the hids seem even brighter. Tough choice. I like the speakers too but they are not worth the extra money IMO.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Excellent. I'm really interested in doing some hid lights, specifically from hid projectors.com. Not that I don't like trucklites but the hids seem even brighter. Tough choice. I like the speakers too but they are not worth the extra money IMO.

Fast & Furious Jeep Edition

silverbackjk

Don't the hid's blind on coming traffic?

rtguy1

Don't the hid's blind on coming traffic?

No. They come with new housings and projectors, not just sticking a bulb in there like the rebel offroad setup. When they are aimed properly they are just like any other factory hid. The projector focuses the light, not the housing. They have a sharp cutoff as well. I like the setup with the housing painted black and the aground black. I'll find a pic.

silverbackjk

No. They come with new housings and projectors, not just sticking a bulb in there like the rebel offroad setup. When they are aimed properly they are just like any other factory hid. The projector focuses the light, not the housing. They have a sharp cutoff as well. I like the setup with the housing painted black and the aground black. I'll find a pic.

Good to know post up a pic if you can

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I am looking for a pair of off road lights they will be mounted on my evo quarter pounder in between the stinger. I am looking to spend $300 or under. What do you think is the best value. looking for a good all around light i like the light force lights are they any good?

I run the aux HID's that many companies are rebranding. I bought mine from a local Kragen store, they run anywhere from $104-140ea for the 4inch and like $10 more for the 7inch models. I picked mine almost 5 years ago for $104ea before they were getting rebranded left and right which helped drive up demand and subsequently cost.

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...ap?ck=Search_N0394_-1_3975&pt=N0394&ppt=C0335

I have the Trucklite's and while they are good for normal head light replacement, they aren't replacements for good, powerful Aux lighting if you plan on doing night time wheeling. That's just my opinion and I've done plenty of night time wheeling.

I have mine aimed wide and almost horizontal so that I get a decent throw and they have a wide enough beam that it helps fill straight ahead and distance. I've toyed with adding two more on the A pillars with a very wide spread, but as of yet haven't

Here's a recent pic in a blizzard with them on and the Trucklites. I wish I had a pic with just the Trucklites...again good light for regular headlight replacement..

28935_10151256181448053_2145138825_n.jpg

Top Bottom