3" lift and 37's

13JKUR

I still have to do some measurements but I was curious on how much rubbing I would get running a 3" lift with 37's? I'm concerned that I will not fit in my garage with a 4" lift. Any suggestions? I plan on flat fenders also. Thanks

catahoula

Caught the Bug
With lift kits as well as tires there are advertised "height or size". Lifts can yield more depending on goodies and tires although might say "37" might be less. Depends on brand. Also consider you might have to trim your pinch seam as well. IMHO.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
You'll have to run trimmed or flat fenders up front to clear them and in the rear, you'll have to do some trimming of the pinch seam as well but, you might be able to pull it off. 3.5"-4" will do it for sure.

You'll have to run trimmed or flat fenders up front to clear them and in the rear, you'll have to do some trimming of the pinch seam as well but, you might be able to pull it off. 3.5"-4" will do it for sure.

With 3" up front, 2.5 in rear and cut fenders would 35's fit without wheel spacers or are they a must?

13JKUR

I wish I could do coil overs and I could set it up to a good low height but I just can't swing those. I'll have to measure but I'm pretty sure my garage sits at 6' 10" which will be a close one. Don't know why when it was built about 7 years ago they just didn't do a standard height. I'm not worried about trimming up the pinch seams and running flat fenders, more worried about flexing and rubbing

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could do coil overs and I could set it up to a good low height but I just can't swing those. I'll have to measure but I'm pretty sure my garage sits at 6' 10" which will be a close one. Don't know why when it was built about 7 years ago they just didn't do a standard height.

I run 40" tires and coil overs and sit at 6'-10" at the heighest point on my Jeep. I would think you would be okay.

13JKUR

Ok that makes me feel a lot better then. We don't park in the garage typically, but summer days with top off I would like too and to work on the jeep obviously.

rtguy1

I agree with wol. 82" is plenty for that setup. U won't be able to fit a overland roof rack though:shock:

dhughes

Banned
I'll chime in for a second. Me and Eddie had a disagreement about lift and drive shafts. I will say that this past week while pulling my rear axle out I see where my stock shaft is starting to spite grease out. It lasted a few years but it's about done now. So make sure u keep that in mind.

13JKUR

I'll chime in for a second. Me and Eddie had a disagreement about lift and drive shafts. I will say that this past week while pulling my rear axle out I see where my stock shaft is starting to spite grease out. It lasted a few years but it's about done now. So make sure u keep that in mind.

I don't understand what your getting at. What does that have to do with a lift size and clearance so I don't rub?

DanMojo82

I don't understand what your getting at. What does that have to do with a lift size and clearance so I don't rub?

I believe he was mentioning that when you get a certain lift height you're going to need to get new driveshafts. For prior to 2012's it was 4 inches of lift for an unlimited. I am just going by memory but I believe that with the 12-13's you need one around 2 inches if you don't put in an exhaust spacer because of the location of that loop.

Top Bottom