VIDEO - EVO JK SPORT CAGE INSTALL : 2011-17 Jeep JK Wrangler Unlimited

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If you have a 2011 Jeep JK Wrangler or newer, want to install a sport cage to help protect your occupants but aren't really too fond of how much visibility you'll loose, the all new EVO Manufacturing Chromoly Sport Cage might be for you. Designed to offer strength and a greater amount of visibility, the EVO Sport Cage is completely laser cut, CNC press brake formed and fully fixture welded out of 4130 chromoly steel and in this short video, you'll get to see just how easy it is to install.

To see more photos of the EVO cage installed, simply click on the link below:
NEW EVO Sport Cage for Rubicat - TONS OF PHOTOS

<iframe style="width:120px;height:240px;" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" src="//ws-na.amazon-adsystem.com/widgets/q?ServiceVersion=20070822&OneJS=1&Operation=GetAdHtml&MarketPlace=US&source=ss&ref=as_ss_li_til&ad_type=product_link&tracking_id=wayalifeparts-20&marketplace=amazon&region=US&placement=B01M9G29V9&asins=B01M9G29V9&linkId=4278fda6451ce5effd626d2a34325eed&show_border=true&link_opens_in_new_window=true"></iframe>

Please let me know if you have any questions. :cool:

GraniteCrystal

Great video. In terms of cutting (foam, fabric, door surrounds, sound bar, etc) how does this compare to the Rock Hard one?

If similar, I like that this one replaces the rear cross bar too which I don't think RH one does.

Turbotastic

Nice video. Wish this was available for the 07-10. Though I'm not at all unhappy with my RH sport cage, I would've definitely picked the EVO cage over it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. I like the fact that you chose black as the color of the cage. It makes it disappear against the dash.

Thanks! We're really happy that we went with black for that very reason. Can't hardly tell that it's there. :cool:

Great job showing us the install:thumb: Seems really straight forward.

Yup, pretty easy install. Filming something like this usually makes things take a lot longer but we started around 9:30am and were done around 2pm.

Great video. In terms of cutting (foam, fabric, door surrounds, sound bar, etc) how does this compare to the Rock Hard one?

If similar, I like that this one replaces the rear cross bar too which I don't think RH one does.

You need to trim the foam padding, cut the covers and clearance the door surrounds with both kits. The Rock Hard kit does not require any modifications to the sound bar but from what I'm told, the new version of the EVO cage won't require cutting into it either.

drill holes in the sound bar so it doesn't fill with water? Great video though

LOL!! In all fairness, this is their Gen 1 kit. The new version doesn't require any cutting of the sound bar. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Nice video. Wish this was available for the 07-10. Though I'm not at all unhappy with my RH sport cage, I would've definitely picked the EVO cage over it.

I know they're done designing it. Should be out or very soon. But, like you, I'm pretty happy with what we've got in Moby.

GeckoJKU

Windshield defrosting

Awesome video! I'm one step closer to pulling the trigger on this cage.

One question though regarding the windshield defrost vents. Being in Canada, they come in quite handy in the winter. I can't seem to find any videos or pictures showing whether or not the dash cross bar covers the vents or not..I imagine it's pretty close?

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug

One question though regarding the windshield defrost vents. Being in Canada, they come in quite handy in the winter. I can't seem to find any videos or pictures showing whether or not the dash cross bar covers the vents or not..I imagine it's pretty close?

I can't speak for the EVO cage (I'm sure Eddie will chime in), but with my RH cage I thought I might have issues with the defroster. Turns out, for whatever reason, my defrosters have worked BETTER since putting my cage in. Not sure if that's all in my head or not. Just an observation I made :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Give me a minute and I'll take a pic for you.

I can't speak for the EVO cage (I'm sure Eddie will chime in), but with my RH cage I thought I might have issues with the defroster. Turns out, for whatever reason, my defrosters have worked BETTER since putting my cage in. Not sure if that's all in my head or not. Just an observation I made :)

The TJ defrosters suck and like you, I found that the Rock Hard cage I had in mine helped channel the air up and do a better job. At least, I think that's what was going on :crazyeyes:

BananaJeep

Caught the Bug
Give me a minute and I'll take a pic for you.

The TJ defrosters suck and like you, I found that the Rock Hard cage I had in mine helped channel the air up and do a better job. At least, I think that's what was going on :crazyeyes:

Read that too fast and thought it said "The TJ defrosters suck like you" lmfao!

Yeah I honestly think the dash bar helps channel the air up and helps evenly distribute the heat across the entire windshield and not just in the middle. But, like I said... it could also just be in my head.

GeckoJKU

Read that too fast and thought it said "The TJ defrosters suck like you" lmfao!

I read the same thing the first time haha.

Ok - here's a shot of the EVO dash bar in relationship to the defroster vent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks for the quick turnaround! Looks like there's still plenty of room, I guess the EVO team knows what they're doing 😜 Lol. Couldn't find any of the RH cage either, and no one locally has one.

Turbotastic

Thanks for the quick turnaround! Looks like there's still plenty of room, I guess the EVO team knows what they're doing 😜 Lol. Couldn't find any of the RH cage either, and no one locally has one.

I can't take a pic at the moment but I can personally say that the defroster works well, maybe even better than stock as other have said, with the RH cage.

Thanks for the quick turnaround! Looks like there's still plenty of room, I guess the EVO team knows what they're doing [emoji12] Lol. Couldn't find any of the RH cage either, and no one locally has one.

Let me run out to mine and take a pic if you want the comparison.

Thanks for the quick turnaround! Looks like there's still plenty of room, I guess the EVO team knows what they're doing [emoji12] Lol. Couldn't find any of the RH cage either, and no one locally has one.

Okay here is what the RH looks like in relation to the vents on my 2014. IMG_5529.jpg

Top Bottom