Teraflex owned by Four Wheel Parts parent company?

The Wandering Jeeper

Caught the Bug
I did not realize that Teraflex is owned by the parent company of Four Wheel Parts.

https://secure.utah.gov/bes/action/details?entity=600158-0142

TERAFLEX, INC

Entity Number: 600158-0142
Company Type: Corporation - Domestic - Profit
Address: 5241 S 300 W Murray, UT 84107
State of Origin: UT
Registered Agent: MARK S FALKNER
Registered Agent Address:
5241 S 300 W
Murray, UT 84107

Renew By: 11/30/2013
Status Description: Good Standing
The "Good Standing" status represents that a renewal has been filed, within the most recent renewal period, with the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code.
Employment Verification: Not Registered with Verify Utah
History

Registration Date: 11/01/1966
Last Renewed: 09/24/2012
Additional Information

NAICS Code: 4413 NAICS Title: 4413-Automotive Parts, Accessories, and
Doing Business As

TRANSAMERICAN AUTO PARTS, INC.
TERA MANUFACTURING
MEPCO
FOUR WHEEL PARTS WHOLESALERS
TERAFLEX PLUS
Former Business Names

MILITARY EQUIPMENT AND PARTS COMPANY INC

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I knew about the rest, didn't know TF was a part of the megacorp. :idontknow:

Since the tone of this thread is generally negative toward TF... I'm curious did I miss a thread, get left off a mailing list, or miss the phone call auto dialer notice that we're supposed to hate on Teraflex now? Last I checked this site was about a 'way of life' that is represented by our Jeeps and the places they take us. It seems it's turning into a vendor crapfest.

silverbackjk

Since the tone of this thread is generally negative toward TF... I'm curious did I miss a thread, get left off a mailing list, or miss the phone call auto dialer notice that we're supposed to hate on Teraflex now? Last I checked this site was about a 'way of life' that is represented by our Jeeps and the places they take us. It seems it's turning into a vendor crapfest.

I to get this same feeling about the back and forth. I have seen your control arm from the hammers in post here. But you understand that with extreme builds with that amount of flex need components built for that. Teraflex lifts weren't built specify for coilovers. I can't comment on the carrier cause I don't know about it. But they are trying to fix the problem so that is a good thing.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I don't think this thread is about bashing Teraflex. Just stating a fact. The other two aren't either just pointing out flaws.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
I to get this same feeling about the back and forth. I have seen your control arm from the hammers in post here. But you understand that with extreme builds with that amount of flex need components built for that. Teraflex lifts weren't built specify for coilovers. I can't comment on the carrier cause I don't know about it. But they are trying to fix the problem so that is a good thing.

My bracket failure had nothing to do with my coilovers. It was poor installation. For that reason alone, I'm not writing off my teraflex kit.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
My bracket failure had nothing to do with my coilovers. It was poor installation. For that reason alone, I'm not writing off my teraflex kit.

I agree! From what you said and what I saw with my own two eyes.

I'm going to be running a Teraflex kit with the 8 flex arms so I hope all works well for me. :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

I can't speak for anyone else but I've never made it a point to hate on TeraFlex. Yes, I have pointed out flaws on their products but, those are facts, not hate. If there has been some new tension here regarding TeraFlex, I would suggest that it comes from fanboys attempting to stir the pot and apparently, it has been working. Please note that I am not suggesting that you are a fanboy, just that there have been some recent signups who are.

Facts are facts not points of hate.

Sorry, but not exactly. Yes, your bracket was welded on poorly but, your break was aggravated by the fact that TeraFlex instructs that your control arms be set at considerably different lengths. This is a bad thing and in addition to signifcant flex, can be enough to cause the weakest link to fail (no pun intended). While this may or may not be a fact, it is a best observation based on what I have seen in the past.

Top Bottom