Seating Beadlocks

Weebz

Caught the Bug
So I got some new ATX slabs with 37” Cooper SST Pro. My issue is I’m not confident on the seat of the rear bead. Does this look right? I never got that pop of the bead setting.

Attachments

• CB615FDF-1413-4B88-90E4-7F396CA9A687.jpg
    CB615FDF-1413-4B88-90E4-7F396CA9A687.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 95C315D2-D7FE-4208-9822-33759CD0B8B3.jpg
    95C315D2-D7FE-4208-9822-33759CD0B8B3.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 209

Weebz

Caught the Bug
Thank you. I guess I was expecting the tire to fold
Over the rim edge a little more.

rumblebee3

Caught the Bug
Yup, looks right to me :yup:

Locks right indeed[emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
I know you Eddie have been doing this much longer than most of the people on here and not trying to question either one of you guys, but if you look at the second picture.. Doesn't it look like it's not seated all the way yet? In the first picture it looks okay but the second picture it just doesn't seem like it's correct?

I know every Tire seats up differently and same with every Rim.. They're all just a little bit different But just didn't look quite right to me in the second picture.

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Mine look identical and mine didn't have the "pop" when the beads seated on the wheels either. I was waiting for it but never happened on any of the 5 wheels. You look good to go.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I watched the EVO video on how to mount these. I still don't how you guys get a STT Cooper to fit onto an ATX wheel by hand. I spent an hour with soap/water mix trying to get a tire on. I tried jumping on it. I tried a hi-lift jack and weight of the jeep. I tried a 4' pry bar (don't recommend it, it nearly took me out when it popped loose). I ended up with the tire jammed halfway on and had to trailer the whole mess to a tire shop. I'm already nervous about replacing the tires when they're worn out.

Here's how far I got when I got defeated. lol.

34041464693_7d99f6cc45_b.jpg

Skeeterbait

I did just as Mel showed in the video setting the wheel on a bucket. Soap water and a dead blow to seat the outer edge to put on the beadlock. Then soap and some air pressure 5 lbs maybe. Then let it sit a few min and they popped for me. The first one that seated scarred the living shit out of my wife and dog. Might have failed to warn her...

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I watched the EVO video on how to mount these. I still don't how you guys get a STT Cooper to fit onto an ATX wheel by hand. I spent an hour with soap/water mix trying to get a tire on. I tried jumping on it. I tried a hi-lift jack and weight of the jeep. I tried a 4' pry bar (don't recommend it, it nearly took me out when it popped loose). I ended up with the tire jammed halfway on and had to trailer the whole mess to a tire shop. I'm already nervous about replacing the tires when they're worn out.

Looks to me like you needed to push the wheel a little farther in before you started prying. Every new tire is tough to get the wheel in and the coopers are really hard.

They will come right out when they are warn down. Or you could cut them off if you want it quicker.

dillard09

The Coopers are TOUGH! When i did my Slabs and Coopers, It took 3 of us longer to pull 5 tires off and put the Slabs on 5 Cooper STT pros than it did to pull front and rear Rubi 44 out and install PR44 and PR60SF on another jeep.

fiend

Caught the Bug
The Coopers are TOUGH! When i did my Slabs and Coopers, It took 3 of us longer to pull 5 tires off and put the Slabs on 5 Cooper STT pros than it did to pull front and rear Rubi 44 out and install PR44 and PR60SF on another jeep.

Maybe the problem was your helpers? [emoji848]🧐[emoji23]🤣

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
I just took 3 small prybars and slowly worked the bead in all the way around and bolted up the ring. Just took patience to get the lip in all the way around the circumference of the tire.

Ddays

Hooked
This is true ^^. I watched Mel's video 50 times trying to see where he threw the magic pixie dust on his tires to make it look so easy. I PM'd Eddie like 20 times asking what I was doing wrong. Those Coops are a bitch man. I'm probably gonna just cut mine off like Overlander said.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom