Mdslngr

So on my way to work this happened to my 13JKU

Jeep started running rough and was a bit louder

Just got a call from dealership and they said it was a coil and the PCM

So $852 for them to do just the PCM

Not how I wanted my Monday to go

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

kpig

I had a cylinder 1 misfire (passenger side) on my 2015 JKU. The dealership did the repair under warranty and only replaced the cylinder 1 coil pack, plug, and plug wire. There was no need to replace the PCM, but your model year could differ slightly or require a PCM update. I would think PCM would have to be changed if you were getting the P0300 for multiple cylinder misfire. Good luck.

WJCO

Meme King
This issue is very common on Fords and Lincolns where the coil shorting out damages the PCM, but this is the first I've heard about it on a Jeep.

Mdslngr

I went to the dealership and had the mechanic show me what he was talking about.
So the PCM was sending a constant single to coil 5. The coil got so hot it cracked down the middle

He swapped #5 with a good coil and still misfired at #5 so after a few more tests he determined the PCM bad

kpig

I went to the dealership and had the mechanic show me what he was talking about.
So the PCM was sending a constant single to coil 5. The coil got so hot it cracked down the middle

He swapped #5 with a good coil and still misfired at #5 so after a few more tests he determined the PCM bad

Well that’s pretty definitive proof. Sorry for the bad luck. Hopefully no more problems so you can get back on the trails.

Good2Go

For what it’s worth, my ‘16 JKU had a service bulletin (not a recall) for a PCM flash related to false misfire codes showing up. Hopefully they checked for any needed upgrades when you brought it in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom