Headunit security for 2011+

socc3rakd25

My jk came with a touchscreen headunit and if I take the top or doors off it will be gone within hours. I know tuffy makes something for the 07-10 model dash but I can't seem to find anything for the newer dash. It's gettin warm here in south Florida and the top and doors need to go. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
Depends on where you park it! :cheesy:

Honestly I haven't heard of a lot of, if any, thefts of stock head units myself. But that's not to say it doesn't happen I suppose. :thinking:

socc3rakd25

Depends on where you park it! :cheesy:

Honestly I haven't heard of a lot of, if any, thefts of stock head units myself. But that's not to say it doesn't happen I suppose. :thinking:

I'm currently living in ft. Lauderdale/ Miami so no parking spot is a good one. I'm only concerned because it is a nice touchscreen navigation system

JK_Jonny305

I'm currently living in ft. Lauderdale/ Miami so no parking spot is a good one. I'm only concerned because it is a nice touchscreen navigation system

What's up! I'm in Miami Lakes so I know exactly what you mean... Listen, do yourself a favor and go grab an alarm with proximity sensors and long-range or paging remotes. There's a bunch on craigslist locally and some of the sellers are also installers. If you need help, let me know and I'll help you look for a good one.

Also, make sure you change the codes on your remotes/alarm once the installer is done. A buddy of mine took his new 2013 Camaro to a local shop and they stole his car the next day. When they caught the thief (thru lojack), it was actually the installer who made himself an extra remote and had pre-hotwired the car!! As good practice, any 'good' installer should be able to teach you how to reprogram the alarm on your own.

One question, what unit is it? I assume it's not detachable?

mtnbiker995

I've replaced my head unit and let me tell you, the stock one is a pain in the ass to remove. Even with that being said, I haven't seen anything security wise for the new dash

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

socc3rakd25

It's came straight from the factory. It's the touch screen nav. option. I got it that way from the dealership. I think I've decide to go with proximity detectors

JK_Jonny305

It's came straight from the factory. It's the touch screen nav. option. I got it that way from the dealership. I think I've decide to go with proximity detectors

:thumb: Let me know which brand you go with... I will be getting one soon for my JK. I'm getting a softtop for the summer and that makes your jeep an automatic target because it's so easy to get into.

Punisher417

I am also curious as to what u end up going with since i have a 2012 with the factory touchscreen navi as well. :thumb:

Top Bottom