Axle Swap Questions

Philip *AZ*

Banned
I have already PM'd Eddie enough. I wanted to ask around the WAL community for help and insight into my project. I will start off with what I currently have. I have an 07 JKU with a 3.5" RK Mid Arm. I have a Corporate 14 for the rear and am workin a deal on a D60 for my front. I know I am going to need to make modifications to the JK and the axles, but Im not sure what. Am going to need new drive lines again? I currently have Coast 1310 F/R. Am I going to need a new lift kit? What kind of changes need to be made to make the swap work correctly? Any tips or tricks are welcome. Im just trying to get pointed in the right direction. I need to do the swap because Im droppin an LS2 in place of the 3.8 that could..lol.. Im still in the process of getting things together and pricing certain things out. I still have a long road in front of me, but I will get to the end of it soon. Thanks everyone!

Paratroopers stay up longer!

StrizzyChris

Any time u do an engine and transmission swap, that'll USUALLY require some degree of moving stuff around. If you're transfer case is moved in that process, then yes you will need new drive shafts with one bring longer and the other shortened.

As for lift kit....i dont know what you are running, but if you plan to install factory bracketry on your aftermarket axles, then your old lift should be fine.

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Philip *AZ*

Banned
Yikes

Umm, Yeah.. Go ahead and assume I never posted this. I just researched a bunch of stuff to do the conversion of the LS into the JK. :grayno:Out of the question!!!:grayno: The conversion is far to expensive and I am not able to do it. Instead, I am going to install a Supercharger to pep up the 3.8. Up in the air about Magnuson or Sprintex though. I am also just going to build up my rear D44 and find a doner front D44 and go from there. I figure what I plan on wheeling that combination will do me just fine. Good thing drawing boards are easily erased. :doh::doh:

Top Bottom