2014 JKUR what to look for.

Hey all. We just took in a stock 2014 JKUR and from what I could see when it was on the rack, she hasn’t seen much in the way of off-road use. Low miles, just over 30k. I’m tempted being that I can get a pretty good deal.
Anything out of the ordinary that is Rubicon specific I should be watching out for?

Most of the parts from my sport will be getting swapped over but I will be moving to 37’s pretty much right away.

WJCO

Meme King
Check service history at the dealer just to see if it's had any major or reoccurring problems.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Obviously drive it and make sure the lockers and sway bar disco work. I’d throw it on a scan tool and see if there are any old codes that have been cleared.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

zimm

Caught the Bug
What they said. You can have a jeep service department do a PPI (pre-purchase inspection). But there are no "bad" issues with 2013+ as far as I can tell. 2012 had some head issues as it was the first year of the 3.6. With 30k miles, the rear brake pads should be checked and I'd replace the diff fluids as it's easy and cost about $20 worth of gear lube.

Top Bottom