Early 3.6 heads

DWRAT

Real early 13's still had the issue.
Cutoff date is 7/27/2012.
Anything thing after that date is good.

Last edited:

Great Pumkin

I went through the head issue with a late 12 on the 3.6 wasn’t fun got jerked around by the local dealer for quite some time. Has this one had the head replaced? They replaced mine and it ran good for a little bit ate oil like crazy until they finally did a warranty on the entire motor about 6 months ago

2012 Sahara

desertrunner

I bought a used 12 with 40k on it odometer, nothing in the carfax about the heads being replaced and I haven't had an issue with it. Not 100% on the actual build date though so maybe it was a late 12 but so far so good with mine at 50k miles

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
I have a late 2012 model delivered in June 2012. The head problem showed up early when Jeep was backlogged with head warranty work. The engine ran fine while waiting for the new head which was replaced and a new 150K warranty issued. Absolutely no issues since. Your dealer has a lot to do with how smoothly the replacement goes. If he stands with you, you'll enjoy your 2013 for a long time. Best of luck!

kilomike

Took my 2012 Jk into the dealership to get the MIL checked. Leaky left cylinder head. Luckily it's covered under warranty. Is this likely to be a recurring problem or will the repair prevent the issue from reoccurring?

Clark Griswold

Not sure about the U-joints, but if you run anything bigger than a 33 inch tire, OEM ball joints will turn to shit in no time...
I have 90k on my 13, ran 33's for 75k and now 35's for about 12k with quite a few off road trips, def changing out ball joints and such this spring but everything still seems nice and tight. I will say I am very surprised they have stood up this long.

Sent from my VS987 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom