2" Lift Question

capncc

The Jeep:
2011 Rubicon 2Dr hard top w/tow pkg.
Evo 1/4 Pounder front bumper
Synthetic rope winch
Added 13/4 spacer in front to correct the drop
Doesn't take much added weight for the rear to droop
Jeep is a daily driver that plays off road and wants a little trailer for camping.
Looking at Old Man Emu 2" HD lift in place of the front spacer and adding some in the rear. Does this lift need adj. control arms, bump stops or brake line extensions? I've been searching threads but still unsure.

gtony12

Caught the Bug
The Jeep:
Synthetic rope winch
Jeep is a daily driver that plays off road and wants a little trailer for camping.
Looking at Old Man Emu 2" HD lift in place of the front spacer and adding some in the rear. Does this lift need adj. control arms, bump stops or brake line extensions? I've been searching threads but still unsure.

Everything I have seen with a 2" or above has needed bump stops same size as lift. If you look at zone products there 2" spacer kit comes with 2" bump stops too. I am new to jeep but its what I have seen so far looking for lifts. Hope this helps

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Jeep:
Synthetic rope winch

No. You will not need adjustable control arms but, I would recommend bump stop extensions and brakeline extensions in the rear.

mgmavant

I have a 2008 JKU-R with this lift on and I added the bump-stops to be safe. I haven't had any problems with it so far. I didn't do anything to the brake lines for either the front or the back, but the back does get pretty close on full drop. I' running 35" MT/Rs and I have since added adjustable front upper control arms to get the caster dialed in a bit - although I probably didn't need to. I have also since added adjustable front and rear track bars to re-center the axles, but again, not really necessary. Oh, and I moved the rear sway bar links to the front and added adjustable sway bar likes to the rear.

Top Bottom