Touch up of powder coated Parts

Dixon4x4

I have found that if they are textured black powder coat, Rustoleum black rubberized undercoat rattle can is a close match to the powder coat

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I agree with the above that said spray paint. Just touch up the spots needed, wheel it, scratch it up and repeat.

JAGS

Hooked
Yea i'm just going to get some rustolium or something cheap.

Stupid question perhaps to this point ^^^. But when you all say "hit it with the rattle can," I get that you spray it and use semi-gloss, flat black and the like. But am curious to fill in a few things.

What brand paint? What type (exterior, auto, metal...)? Is this purchased at home depot or at a auto parts store? :thinking:

Like I said, might be obvious to some, but still curious as most will just say "rattle can it."

MTG

Caught the Bug
I use whatever I have around. Generally Rustoleum flat black that I purchased at some point in time at Home Depot or Lowes. I think I used some bedliner spray the last time I touched up my sliders. :thinking: IMHO it doesn't really matter, it's just going to get scrapped off again. I only do it to prevent surface rust from forming....or coming back after I have cleaned it off. :crazyeyes:

1BAMFR

I need to do this as well, Are you guys taping off the grill and hood while spraying the front bumper or taping off the doors to paint the sliders?

I would think I would get overspray....Thoughts?

Dixon4x4

I need to do this as well, Are you guys taping off the grill and hood while spraying the front bumper or taping off the doors to paint the sliders?

I would think I would get overspray....Thoughts?

It depends on how much is being touched up, location of touch up, and your comfort level of doing the work. I generally do not tape things off but will use a piece of cardboard as a shield in some areas.

Top Bottom