Pitman arm - rust okay?

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
Found a stock pitman arm for sale. Does have what only looks like surface rust. Before I pull the trigger, just curious from yall if this seems okay. Can I just wire brush and repaint and be fine? Anything else to look for? received_10208577577276486%7E2.jpg received_10208577577516492%7E2.jpg

badandy1

I will send one to ya for shipping cost? No additional fee! I think I have two laying around in the shop..

jeeeep

Hooked
with that light of surface rust, I'd place it in a container where it can lay flat them pour enough hydrogen peroxide to cover it for a few minutes.

Wipe it off with steel wool after a few minutes of soaking, dry it off ( I use a heat gun) then a few coats of rustoleum.

zimm

Caught the Bug
A new one from Crown automotive is $35 w/ free shipping. How much did you save buying used, paying shipping, buying a wire brush and spray paint?

I also agree, that's not rusty.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
A new one from Crown automotive is $35 w/ free shipping. How much did you save buying used, paying shipping, buying a wire brush and spray paint?

I also agree, that's not rusty.
I got it for 20 after shipping. Already have the brush and paint.

MSJKU11

Caught the Bug
with that light of surface rust, I'd place it in a container where it can lay flat them pour enough hydrogen peroxide to cover it for a few minutes.

Wipe it off with steel wool after a few minutes of soaking, dry it off ( I use a heat gun) then a few coats of rustoleum.
Thanks. I'll do this

Top Bottom