I broke something:

DeadLegs

Alright, I apologize if this is a common issue and my search failed to find what was an easy fix.

A while back after riding some trails my dash started reading "GASCAP" and the check engine light was on .
I checked for codes with my flash cal and it came up large EVAP system leak , or something to that effect. I fiddled with, tried to blow out the gas cap but the alarm kept pinging, So I just bought a new gascap on amazon, didn't think too much of it. Installed it, no bueno.

Climb up under there, duhI. The little tube running from the top of my gas tank to the gas cap is missing an 18" section.

eYmySdol.jpg

Presumably that's my issue.
Anyone know what this thing is called and where i can order the part?
Also yes, there's a small nick in the larger tube closest to the camera lens. Epoxy on that?

Thanks for any expert advice.

If you want factory parts then go to the dealership and request it as an evap. Line for the evaporative emissions system. Or as a temporary fix you can use a rubber hose /vacuum tubing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

DeadLegs

Actually, you know upon further inspection, these tubes appear to have been eaten by a rodent.

This means war.

BobNH

Don't use "rubber hose/vacuum tubing". Use fuel line. It will withstand the fuel vapors far better. I replaced my line in my TJ from under the hood all the way to the gas tank when the original line rotted out and it worked great. IIRC it was 5/16" from Autostoned.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WJCO

Meme King
If you want factory parts then go to the dealership and request it as an evap. Line for the evaporative emissions system. Or as a temporary fix you can use a rubber hose /vacuum tubing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Don't use "rubber hose/vacuum tubing". Use fuel line. It will withstand the fuel vapors far better. I replaced my line in my TJ from under the hood all the way to the gas tank when the original line rotted out and it worked great. IIRC it was 5/16" from Autostoned.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Agreed on both. Dealer parts will be expensive. Auto parts store should have the bulk tubing. Definitely use the approved fuel line. Fuel vapors destroy common vacuum lines quickly.

jeeeep

Hooked
that plastic tubing prices from $45-$65 depending on the dealer..
as mentioned, gas rubber hose works great and you can route it up a little higher to keep it out of the way

Top Bottom