Question new to forum

Dickjr

Not sure if I should post here or not. I bought a 2017 Jeep Wrangler sport unlimited from a dealer as a new used vehicle. The previous owner did some upgrades and they had no idea what was done. I am trying to find out if it was lifted already, it looks like it and I am running 317 70 17’s with stock fenders. It still has 6 to 8 inches of clearance above the tires. Thoughts

IMG_0080.jpg

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Welcome to wayalife. Pop over to the give us a wave section when you can and tell us about yourself. Are you sure it’s 317 and not 315? That would make them a tad less than 35s. With the clearance it looks like you have I would say yes it is lifted. If you can take some shots of the suspension and post them and we can get a little more info on what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dickjr

Welcome to wayalife. Pop over to the give us a wave section when you can and tell us about yourself. Are you sure it’s 317 and not 315? That would make them a tad less than 35s. With the clearance it looks like you have I would say yes it is lifted. If you can take some shots of the suspension and post them and we can get a little more info on what it is.

I was thinking rim size like a dummy they are 315’s. Went and measured I have 6.5 inches of clearance on the rear and 6 inches of clearance on the front. I will attach some pics of suspension not sure if they are good enough for you to tell. IMG_0173.jpg IMG_0172.jpg IMG_0171.jpg

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I was thinking rim size like a dummy they are 315’s. Went and measured I have 6.5 inches of clearance on the rear and 6 inches of clearance on the front. I will attach some pics of suspension not sure if they are good enough for you to tell. View attachment 290823 View attachment 290824 View attachment 290825

Yes you have a lift. It looks like Teraflex, judging by the shocks.

Dickjr

Do I need to do anything for the front end? I have been reading on other sites that I need to have some type of c gussets installed before off roading or even driving on the streets. Any truth to that. First time Jeep owner.

fiend

Caught the Bug
If someone could let me know on the gussets. Got me a little paranoid on off roading... lol

You certainly don’t need gussets if you’re not going off road. If your off-roading will be fire roads, snow, mud, and slow speed stuff, you will be fine without them. If you want to go fast over whoops or rough terrain, or will be doing more aggressive rock crawling, then consider gussets.

Dickjr

You certainly don’t need gussets if you’re not going off road. If your off-roading will be fire roads, snow, mud, and slow speed stuff, you will be fine without them. If you want to go fast over whoops or rough terrain, or will be doing more aggressive rock crawling, then consider gussets.

Getting too old for that stuff. Lol just trails and snow maybe some sand if I get a chance to get to the beach.... thanks to everyone for your answers helped me out a lot...

WJCO

Meme King

avstec

Pretty cheap. Seen them online for 60 bucks or less. If you weld or know someone that welds, it shouldn't cost you more than the gussets themselves. And as stated by others it's well worth it.

Sent from my Pixel using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Lol I hope your joking. Doesn’t matter what type of terrain your on, you should gusset them regardless due to the extra added weight of the tires which will put more pressure on the C’s. Normal street driving will bend them.

Getting too old for that stuff. Lol just trails and snow maybe some sand if I get a chance to get to the beach.... thanks to everyone for your answers helped me out a lot...

As I mentioned above, just add the gussets. They are about $60 for the pair plus whatever it costs to weld them on. It’s cheap insurance that the c’s are less likely to bend, which they can do even just from street driving with the larger tires.

fiend

Caught the Bug
Lol I hope your joking. Doesn’t matter what type of terrain your on, you should gusset them regardless due to the extra added weight of the tires which will put more pressure on the C’s. Normal street driving will bend them.

As I mentioned above, just add the gussets. They are about $60 for the pair plus whatever it costs to weld them on. It’s cheap insurance that the c’s are less likely to bend, which they can do even just from street driving with the larger tires.

Must be some shitty-ass roads in your neck of the woods to be bending C’s doing “normal street driving.” [emoji23]

Top Bottom