Soft top for 2014 rubi

Dmac08JK

I’ve got a 2014 rubicon with a soft top delete?
I was just learning how to use and figuring out what I’ve got in my new JK. The jeep dealership I bought it form said they didn’t have all the oem soft top hardware. I thought it was weird that the hardware was missing in the first place. But on the window sticker that tells you the included options it’s was included with a hard and soft top. So I wasn’t aware that the JKs had a option to delete the soft top,( im so oblivious sometimes ) My question is what is the best way to get a soft top. Is it possible to install the new hardware or Do I buy a frameless soft top. I’m not really sure how to do this because my old JK had the soft top on it and hard top on it too. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

14JK-U

Not sure what you mean by soft top delete. You mentioned you're missing hardware for a soft top. The only things a soft top needs is the window channels, the frame (aka bows) and the top itself. Not including the screws to fasten it all on. To me it sounds like your dealership put a snazzy non existent "part" on the sticker and sold it. Is it possible there's actually a delete kit? Sure, I don't know every part ever made but this doesn't add up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

BobNH

The "soft top delete" would have probably come from the Chrysler build sheet, indicating it only came with the hard top. Likely that also means it didn't get the mounting points for the frame that are attached to the roll bar.
My build sheet included a "tow hook delete", which I really didn't understand why you would unless it was deleted because it had the tow package installed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I’ve got a 2014 rubicon with a soft top delete?
I was just learning how to use and figuring out what I’ve got in my new JK. The jeep dealership I bought it form said they didn’t have all the oem soft top hardware. I thought it was weird that the hardware was missing in the first place. But on the window sticker that tells you the included options it’s was included with a hard and soft top. So I wasn’t aware that the JKs had a option to delete the soft top,( im so oblivious sometimes ) My question is what is the best way to get a soft top. Is it possible to install the new hardware or Do I buy a frameless soft top. I’m not really sure how to do this because my old JK had the soft top on it and hard top on it too. THANKS FOR THE HELP.

Here is my understanding of your issue. All Jeeps come with a standard soft top. Hard tops, premium soft tops and dual tops are options. When the dealership orders the Jeep with an optional top, the paperwork will say “Soft Top Delete” which simply means that the Jeep will only come with the optional top(s).

Sounds like you now have both soft and hard tops? If so, my guess is that the previous owner bought the soft top after the purchase of the Jeep and didn’t bother to turn in all the soft top parts when trading in?

Anyway, Quadratec is a good source the identify and order your missing parts.

If you don’t already have a soft top, well then I guess I really don’t understand your question “the best way to get a soft top?” Buy what you like and install it.

Last edited:

nbunga

Caught the Bug
Craigslist is always a good place to find take-off soft tops. There are always a few on around here

fiend

Caught the Bug
Craigslist is always a good place to find take-off soft tops. There are always a few on around here

Just saw this morning on CL a guy giving a 1 year old jku soft top away for free, with all the hardware and everything. On his driveway for free pickup. I shit you not.

I picked one up still in the unopened packaging from someone for $500 and thought that was a good deal. Not as good as free though! [emoji23]

GraniteCrystal

Just saw this morning on CL a guy giving a 1 year old jku soft top away for free, with all the hardware and everything. On his driveway for free pickup. I shit you not.

I picked one up still in the unopened packaging from someone for $500 and thought that was a good deal. Not as good as free though! [emoji23]
Where is this soft top you speak of?

scull20

As others have mentioned, Craigslist is a great option, that’s where I got mine.

Just make sure it comes with the door surrounds, all of the hand knobs, the Velcro straps and especially the four torx bolts that fasten the brackets to the roll bar in the rear.

If it’s a new soft top off of a jeep that never used it...those torx bolts may actually be in the holes on the roll bar and not in the boxes with the soft top parts.

Dmac08JK

The "soft top delete" would have probably come from the Chrysler build sheet, indicating it only came with the hard top. Likely that also means it didn't get the mounting points for the frame that are attached to the roll bar.
My build sheet included a "tow hook delete", which I really didn't understand why you would unless it was deleted because it had the tow package installed.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yeah it has no mounting points on the roll bar so I’m confused of why it said it hair it on the dealer sales sheet but what can I do to get a soft with no mounting points

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Eugene the Jeep

If you look on the roll bar that connects to the rear tub, there should be a Velcro cover in the fabric that covers the roll bar about 4 inches from the top of roll bar. There should be 2 blind nuts welded into the back side of the roll bar for the soft top mounting brackets.

Sent from my SM-N950U using WAYALIFE mobile app

sipafz

Caught the Bug
^^^^This, pretty sure all roll bars are soft top ready. Soft top delete doesn’t mean that the provisions aren’t there.

IMG_6347.jpg

As circled, my window sticker says “Delete Sunrider Soft Top” because it was ordered with a hard top. My roll bar still has the holes to mount the brackets and I purchased run a Mopar Premium Sunrider Top from the beginning of spring until the snow flies.

Maybe you should look a little harder?

Last edited:

USMC Wrangler

I bought my 2013 new with the hardtop only. A couple years later I picked up a used soft top and all the hardware. Even though mine was a hardtop only version from the dealer, everything fit perfectly.

There is a tailgate bar, two tailgate mounting brackets, two brackets that bolt to the rear portion of the factory cage (under two Velcro flaps in the padding), two window surrounds for the rear doors and two window surrounds for the front doors.

Top Bottom