Service disappointment

sparks

Figured some of you would get a kick out of this.

About 3 weeks ago I finally made the appointment to get the cup holder lights fixed in my 2017 JKU. (22k Miles) I didn’t want to forget and get to 36,001, but the cup holder lights aren’t a real priority. It flickered for a while and finally just failed.

I dropped it off Thursday after work, and got a 2017 base JKU as a free loaner. Friday I didn’t hear from them so I called for an update since I pass it up on the way home and would be convenient to stop. I was told it probably wasn’t getting looked at until Saturday... so I went home. About 45 mins after being home, Service Advisor calls and says “it was just a burned out bulb, it’s not under warranty so it’s $19.76 parts and labor to fix it”. She claimed it was a combo lamp for the shifter and the cup holder. If I don’t pay the cost I owe them $68.50 for diagnostic fee .. so it’s cheaper to just pay for repair. I’m beginning to think somethings up, because the shifter letters PRND were working fine, if it’s a combo how could it, well whatever I’m glad it’s fixed.

So I drove 40 mins to pick it up. Paid the cashier... waited about 15 mins for them to bring my Jeep up. I get in, and notice the cup holder lights don’t work. Ran inside and told the Service Advisor who called a mechanic to take a look. The mechanic took the console apart, pulls the cup holder out and there’s wires attached. I asked to see it .... and it’s LED, not a standard bulb. I asked the service advisor what I just paid for, she had a puzzled/embarrassed look on her face.

Supposedly it got fixed today but nobody called me to tell me it was done so I’ll be picking it up Monday after work. Unbelievable.

FallonJeeper

Trust but verify.

I had too many stories of items that were supposed to be fixed by the dealer, one, in particular, where I told the Ford service department exactly what the problem was. They did something totally different and charged me $600.

The problem was not resolved and when I took it back, I told them to fix what I told them.
They were too happy to try and charge me another $600.

sparks

Bulbs should be covered under factory warranty.

I agree. They said no and referenced the book where it said they’re not covered unless failed because of a covered issue.

There’s no bulb to even burn out, that’s the crazy part. Just dishonesty.

Last edited:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Bettenhausen - Tinley Park, IL
You're not the first person I've heard say terrible things about their service dept I've heard plenty of complaints. I bought my last Jeep brand new in June of 2012. In July of the same year (1 month later) I had them rotate my tires when I had it there for a complimentary oil change@2800 miles. 20 minutes into the visit I was informed that several lug nuts were completely seized on and it was my responsibility to pay for new lug nuts and studs @$15 a piece. A total of 6 needed to be replaced. Stock wheels and tires were still installed at the time. Silly service advisor, not a fuckin chance! In the end they replaced them under warranty but WTF! I just do it all myself now except for warranty items..

JKbrick

You're not the first person I've heard say terrible things about their service dept I've heard plenty of complaints. I bought my last Jeep brand new in June of 2012. In July of the same year (1 month later) I had them rotate my tires when I had it there for a complimentary oil change@2800 miles. 20 minutes into the visit I was informed that several lug nuts were completely seized on and it was my responsibility to pay for new lug nuts and studs @$15 a piece. A total of 6 needed to be replaced. Stock wheels and tires were still installed at the time. Silly service advisor, not a fuckin chance! In the end they replaced them under warranty but WTF! I just do it all myself now except for warranty items..

Wtf? Did they do righty tighty to get them off? So hard to trust anyone. Brick is an 09 and I still hated to take it in for the recall. Only the second time it’s been to a dealership

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

sparks

Dude that’s totally absurd. I don’t know why I trusted them any more than the dealer I bought from .. when I was buying they didn’t want to deal with a unique trade-in situation I had, so I bought elsewhere. That should have been the last time I ever contacted them, but they’re conveniently located.

Btw Just checked out your thread about your Recon. Sharp Jeep man!

sparks

Well .. Saturday they called while I was unavailable and didn’t leave a voicemail. I was right down the street so I called back - right around 4p and the guy who answered in service said it’s done but I they closed at 4. I explained I have a loaner of theirs and I’m literally 3 minutes away. He hesitated, huffed into the phone and said no.

Today after work I stopped in there and it went like this:

“Can’t find your keys, hold on”
15m later they found them in the mechanics toolbox.

“We can’t refund you in cash we have to send you a check”
I paid cash. I want cash back. They don’t accept checks but they to expect me to?

“It’s not working, we had to special order a part”

Of course it’s not working, why else would you call and say it’s ready.

“Before you go making a bunch of trouble for us online - How about a free oil change for your trouble?”
Like I want you hacks under my hood.

Calling other dealers tomorrow to set up appointment for repair. Hopefully I don’t need to start the whole process over again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Dude that’s totally absurd. I don’t know why I trusted them any more than the dealer I bought from .. when I was buying they didn’t want to deal with a unique trade-in situation I had, so I bought elsewhere. That should have been the last time I ever contacted them, but they’re conveniently located.

Btw Just checked out your thread about your Recon. Sharp Jeep man!
Thanks a bunch, I'm really happy with it.

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
Well .. Saturday they called while I was unavailable and didn’t leave a voicemail. I was right down the street so I called back - right around 4p and the guy who answered in service said it’s done but I they closed at 4. I explained I have a loaner of theirs and I’m literally 3 minutes away. He hesitated, huffed into the phone and said no.

Today after work I stopped in there and it went like this:

“Can’t find your keys, hold on”
15m later they found them in the mechanics toolbox.

“We can’t refund you in cash we have to send you a check”
I paid cash. I want cash back. They don’t accept checks but they to expect me to?

“It’s not working, we had to special order a part”

Of course it’s not working, why else would you call and say it’s ready.

“Before you go making a bunch of trouble for us online - How about a free oil change for your trouble?”
Like I want you hacks under my hood.

Calling other dealers tomorrow to set up appointment for repair. Hopefully I don’t need to start the whole process over again.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Wow that's unbelievable, not sure how they can stay in business when they treat customers like that. And what's even crazier is that they just keep growing at a crazy rate..

sparks

Wow that's unbelievable, not sure how they can stay in business when they treat customers like that. And what's even crazier is that they just keep growing at a crazy rate..

Yeah I don’t know either. Their growth and marketing footprint is substantial for the area. Hopefully they take the time to remedy some of the downfalls in their operation and not just brush it under the table.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I wish I could say "unbelievable" but everything about this is just so believable. :naw:

Be careful if you decide to fill in a survey and tell the truth about what happened as you might get your Jeep flagged - essentially, VOID your warranty. Happened to me and I had to fight tooth and nail to have it overturned.

jeeeep

Hooked
wow... you needed waders and a big shovel to get through all that bullshit!

Wait until you get it fixed before filling out their survey.

sparks

I wish I could say "unbelievable" but everything about this is just so believable. :naw:

Be careful if you decide to fill in a survey and tell the truth about what happened as you might get your Jeep flagged - essentially, VOID your warranty. Happened to me and I had to fight tooth and nail to have it overturned.

What was the reasoning, mods? I’m still stock I can’t see them having a valid excuse for doing that. Things would take a drastic change of course if they did that. Now you’ve got me worried lol

Top Bottom